What's new

Crypto To The Moon

Scott7

Top Contributor
Thanks for sharing this, Rod. They must have offered him an extraordinary amount, as he has knocked back plenty of offers previously and seemed pretty determined not to sell.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks for sharing this, Rod. They must have offered him an extraordinary amount, as he has knocked back plenty of offers previously and seemed pretty determined not to sell.
LOL I thought the thread title may have caught your attention, cheers

snoopy

Top Contributor

Who knows, he seemed very keen to sell based on the article a few months ago about how the name was definitely, certainly, without a doubt, shout it from the rooftops and put it in the newspaper, "not for sale".

The price could have a been fair bit lower than what people are guessing at if he was looking for sale in fairly short space of time.

Scott7

Top Contributor
Who knows, he seemed very keen to sell based on the article a few months ago about how the name was definitely, certainly, without a doubt, shout it from the rooftops and put it in the newspaper, "not for sale".

The price could have a been fair bit lower than what people are guessing at if he was looking for sale in fairly short space of time.
Snoopy, you're allowed to value this one above $0 ... it's a .com, not a .au :D

snoopy

Top Contributor
Snoopy, you're allowed to value this one above $0 ... it's a .com, not a .au :D

It is great name, which should get in the millions, I just wonder if he was looking to sell it quite quickly, especially with the bitcoin price down 70%. It would be a risky purchase for buyers given the direction of the market.

Scott7

Top Contributor
It is great name, which should get in the millions, I just wonder if he was looking to sell it quite quickly, especially with the bitcoin price down 70%. It would be a risky purchase for buyers given the direction of the market.
Fair call.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
The crypto stuff will only grow over time, the cat's outta the bag. He held the domain for a number of years so just like the crypto market timing is everything. Interesting sub.domain = https://mco.crypto.com/en/

snoopy

Top Contributor
" LOL Snoopy still found a negative spin on this sale (comments) https://domaininvesting.com/cheddar-report-monaco-paid-12-million-for-crypto-com/"

It's on the suspect side in my view (in terms of the price, not the transaction taking place). Reminds me a bit of fund.com years ago where its a huge sale (largest report sale of all time) that hasn't been verified but is being used to promote the buyer.

http://dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2008/domainsales03-18-08.htm

The price may well be real and if it so why not let dnjournal see the bank transfer and do it properly instead of anonymous people "involved with the transaction" saying $12million.

Lots of these sales going around lately, e.g. gay.app, one very premium .com sale, and other new tld sales where some of details have a bit of an odour to them.

Let's see if dnjournal actually verifies it or if they keep it in the "rumour file".

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member