What's new

Crypto/bitcoin related domain names

moggo

Howdy,
I have a portfolio of crypto/bitcoin related domain names. Would someone be able to help to get them appraised or point me in the right direction?
I look forward to your reply

moggo

Scott7

Top Contributor
Howdy,
I have a portfolio of crypto/bitcoin related domain names. Would someone be able to help to get them appraised or point me in the right direction?
I look forward to your reply

moggo
Hey Moggo,
Maybe post the best one or two names from your porfolio here.
Cheers

moggo

Hey Scott7
Ok, here are a couple of the names
bitcoinlaw.com.au
bitcoinprices.com.au
btcasx.com
btcnxz.com

cheers

Scott7

Top Contributor
These four names are worth holding in my opinion. You've already set up Bodis landing pages for them so it's a case of waiting for offers.

The .com names are more speculative and have alternatives, but if the market continues the way it has been, you never know. My preference with .com is to go for names that have international appeal, as it broadens your market compared to those that focus on a specific country. You also then don't need to concern yourself with the competing ccTLD.

Both of the .com.au names could potentially get offers, even in the short term. Bitcoin 'prices' is not as strong as 'price' but it's still a decent name. My estimate for the .com.au names at the moment would be low four figures. What happens in terms of Bitcoin's price and adoption next year will determine whether the value of the names goes up or down. In the end, when selling domains, it all comes down to how much someone wants the name and how much they're willing to pay. Pricing domains is not an exact science.

With your portfolio of Bitcoin names, it is worth going through and taking an honest look at each name. Evaluate them in terms of, 'Is this a popular term?' 'Why would a company want it and how would it add value to them?' 'Are there other alternatives - words that mean the same, singular/plural, .com, abbreviations, and is mine the strongest version of that term?' It's one thing to have few domains in a niche, however, depending on the size of your portfolio, you have to consider holding costs come renewal time.

All the best with it.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member