What's new

Crazy Domains - Need new company...

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi,

I currently use Crazy Domains for no reason other than when I first started buying domains I used them.

I am looking for a new company for all of my domains as Crazy Domains charge $220 for a transfer of ownership and there are other companies who charge a lot less.

Thing is, I only pay $24 to register and renew a name (I know there is cheaper, but not much cheaper).

Can anyone make any recommendations to who best suits my below requirements?

I require:
- Cheap purchasing and renewals
- Cheaper transfer of ownership

soj

Founder
Leave the names at Crazy Domains UNTIL you sell them, then transfer them (for free) to a registrar which has a much lower Transfer of Ownership cost, then transfer them to your purchaser from there.

This way you have the cheapest prices all round ;)

Wade

My suggestion would be to call them up, everything is negotiable.

Their retail rate is $220 because other people will pay it! So they wont drop the advertised price, but privately I'm sure you could work something out.

Registrant transfer is a bit of work on their side but they also gain a customer, and they also keep you happy which means they wont lose you either.

Soj's alternative is good, but its a pain to do a registrar transfer if you have a time sensitive sale from a buyer who doesnt understand why the whois on the domain they just bought now says "registrar transfer".

The other option - get a new registrar who can satisfy you with both cheap registrations and cheap transfers, again dont go by the retail rates, pick up the phone and do a deal. Have a relationship with your registrar!

Shaun

Top Contributor
Soj, some good advice but a little inconvenient... but looking like the best option ATM.

Wade - I have picked up the phone, spoken to several people, threatened to take my domains, they didnt budge. I then wrote a letter to management over 10 days ago and I have heard nothing.

Guess I'm not a big customer to Crazy Domains with in excess of 500 domains...

DOMAIN8

Hi Shaun,

Registered members of DOMAIN8's Expired Domain Auctions get the COR application for $49.95. And you are a member... Call me and I will be happy to discuss your account.

George

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi George,

I assume you have my contact details in my account? If you do please call at a convenient time for you, if not, pm me a contact number for Domain8 as I cannot find a contact number on your website.

Thanks

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members