What's new

Crazy domains issue?

johno69

Top Contributor
Anyone know of an issue with crazy domains and .coms?

I know they are crap etc etc but I had a com I thought I'd get for a client, an obscure brand protection type thing. Not much chance anyone else will ever get it but for $3 why not hey.

Anyway after 12 hours of not getting a registration confirmation I emailed them.

They replied saying they have an issue connecting to the registry for .coms. And I need to wait another 24 to 48 hours.

Just curious really, I wonder if something a little more than a technical glitch is going on with them.

Anyone know of anything or had similar issues?

johno69

Top Contributor
Ye3ah i've read all the reviews & feedback on their hosting and the like. That's why i'd never use them for anything like that. Was just trying to buy a $3 domain, which still hasn't been done.

Jamie-AU

i've read all the reviews & feedback on their hosting and the like. That's why i'd never use them for anything like that. Was just trying to buy a $3 domain

Sometimes you have to weigh up whether the money you're saving going with a "budget" provider that has a significant history of "issues" is worth the time and hassle and pain in the long run. Particularly considering you can, for example, get a $9.95 .com from Zip Hosting (a division of Netregistry), whose services I would expect would be fairly good, and only at $6.95 extra.

djuqa

Top Contributor
Only "CRAZY" domainers use CRAZYDomains
NOT worth the hassles for a couple bucks

johno69

Top Contributor

I'm not a domainer.

Was as mentioned for a domain that could have gone unregistered another 10 years but to save my client confusion I bought it and will point it to their site.

This will teach me to ask a simple question again... :rolleyes:

findtim

Top Contributor

i have no hassles with crazyD , been with them for over 2 years, NOW i know their weak points i can live with it, as johno69 said " it soon adds up" .

my domains are in their basic setup, my clients in the syra reseller system which i HATED at first but now i understand it i'm finding it good.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member