What's new

contactli.st

Scotty7

Hi,

Any thoughts on how much this might be worth?

Or better... any ideas for what it could be used for?

I was thinking perhaps a 'Contact list' for tech startups which includes blogs or people to contact about their launch..

Any ideas or tips welcome.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Like all hacks the value is what you can extract from an interested end user, that said you do quite often see some good hack prices via dnjournal quite often

Timmy

Banned
I'm a fan of hacks - I was stoked to get Vouche.rs for my collection. I've had a few low-mid $xxxx offers over the past 12 months. Out of stubborness I continue to pay $99 a year reg on it for no real logical reason.

Personally I think hacks are good for url shorteners if you have the .com or .au even. Most would agree it's not the best idea for a brand as people will get confused remembering where the dot goes.

That said, if you develop it and the idea gets traction (in the market of tech startups) then I would assume your target audience should be more than capable and willing to remember it.

Also worth noting that purists wouldn't consider a 2 word hack a real hack, unless the second word was the extension, i.e. About.me - there's a thread on NamePros that's been going on forever and a day you may find interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotty7

Thanks Tim for a great reply! If you've got the link to the NamePros thread it would be really appreciated.

I'll see how it goes. Not sure whether to try and sell it or to develop it into something more...

Cheers,
Scotty
http://productivewebapps.com

Timmy

Banned
Hey Scotty, I did post it but I guess it has been removed. Anyhoo, it's not hard to find - simply google "value of a hack domain" and you should land on your feet!

djuqa

Top Contributor
Silly Question?
Why not Register Contactlist.??? and use that
Google more likely to pick up exact match than a Domain Hack

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online