What's new

Competitor registered variation of domain

helloworld

Top Contributor
Howdy folks, been a while, I trust you are all well.

It's come to my attention that someone has registered a variation of my company domain name.

i.e. my domain and company name are helloworld.com.au (example) and the person has registered worldhello.com.au (example)

I have look at their ABN and they do not have a business name registered nor a company.

What is my best course of action here?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Do nothing, don't be an auDA dobber, they probably have good reason for registering.

TroyW

Top Contributor
If they're using your registered trademark send them a letter. Anything else may cost you more than you gain.

trellian

Top Contributor
You have a few options:
start with call them and find out what their intentions are, from here you can determine what the next step would be such as:
- do nothing
- submit complaints

Such as you can submit an eligibility check on the domain to the Registrar, and failing that C&D letters to protect your brand and TM

helloworld

Top Contributor
Thanks guys. I've done nothing so far.
I read through the copy on their site and it looked familir, so i took a few phrases and they have 100% copied it word for word.

I am actually wondering if they have done this as an attack. The reason I suspect that could be the case is that my site is now removed from Bing search complete and there's is showing in my place.

I have taken a capture of the site and content

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members