What's new

carinsurance.com.au sells for 1/4 million dollars

James

Top Contributor
At first I thought this may be a bit suspicious, but after looking into the who is of the seller and the other domains they are selling currently it seems legit. The same owner has numerous sites but will be interesting too see the who is update.

My guess is why didn't they sell this via a broker to give larger insurance companies more leads time?

johno69

Top Contributor
My guess is why didn't they sell this via a broker to give larger insurance companies more leads time?

Who's to say they didn't? The broker may have used the auction to create a deadline and stop them all milling over it and never completing.

James

Top Contributor
Who's to say they didn't? The broker may have used the auction to create a deadline and stop them all milling over it and never completing.

Yeah that's true, but looking at the whole bunch of insurance domains this guy is selling it just seems they are trying to sell off most domains they own.

Regards

neddy

Top Contributor
It's interesting to see what other items have been sold or advertised by the seller.

One other domain name was supposedly sold on 6th June for $40,000 - novatedlease.com.au

Other than that it has been mostly cameras, camera lenses and walkie talkies that have been sold in the past.

Current listings include Jiu-Jitsu MMA Training DVD; and HERMES 24 Faubourg Perfumed body lotion.

Strange mix. :confused:

James

Top Contributor
It's interesting to see what other items have been sold or advertised by the seller.

One other domain name was supposedly sold on 6th June for $40,000 - novatedlease.com.au

Other than that it has been mostly cameras, camera lenses and walkie talkies that have been sold in the past.

Current listings include Jiu-Jitsu MMA Training DVD; and HERMES 24 Faubourg Perfumed body lotion.

Strange mix. :confused:

Yeah hence why I was skeptical on the specific sale, yet it could be a case of a friends eBay account selling off the items?

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
If my memory is correct they listed it on ebay 3 odd years ago, they said they wanted to test the interest, wanted $300,000.

DavidL

Top Contributor
The seller is legitimate (ie he owns the domains) - have tried to buy both novatedlease.com.au and carinsurance.com.au from him in the past.

Whether the sales will go through is another matter....

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Great result for the .au marketplace, should know shortly who the new owner is

ebay doesn't have many .au domains and is australias biggest auction platform with lots of business owners maybe list some domains there...

helloworld

Top Contributor
Why wouldn't they go through ? I was contacting some insurance companies for content for a review site and I had at least 1 of them calling me back watering at the mouth that I owned this domain. I wish i did, would have paid off the house lol

James

Top Contributor
Sent the sale around the office today, people think the price is cheap for the market.

Regards.

DavidL

Top Contributor
novatedlease.com.au moved to MelbourneIT which to me suggests a big company with little idea about domains is looking to do a CoR.

Their CoR does require a few forms to be filled, $339 to be paid and you need to allow up to 4 weeks for it to complete! So maybe that one is in the process of being transferred,

James

Top Contributor
Ive only done quick CoR's, i am not use to slow ones such as melb it, but can see it will take a bit if a big player gas picked it up, things move very slowly in larger orgs, but yeah will be good too see who picks this one up regardless. I made a bit of a post about it on Linkedin got some good feedback hehe.

Shane

Top Contributor
I sold a website to a big corporate and it took them over six months just to lodge the COR. Things definitely move slowly with some of the big boys...

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Owner has now changed to owner of Donnelley Car Insurance this is the highest sale achieved for a .au to date yet it hasn't reached smh:confused:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Owner has now changed to owner of Donnelley Car Insurance this is the highest sale achieved for a .au to date yet it hasn't reached smh:confused:

Well spotted and a great investment from the buyer. Although it's a long way from the highest ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo