What's new

CaravanParks.com.au dropping tomorrow

geodomains

Top Contributor
Big one dropping tomorrow, should be interesting. Only see it on Netfleet for sale, not on Drop at present :confused:

Hey what's happening with DW, its been down?

Don

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think Drop & DW have conceded this one to us, Don, so if I were you I'd just bid on Netfleet ;)

jam

Top Contributor
Looking forward to see how high this goes, would love to develop this domain.

$10,000+ easy

DavidL

Top Contributor
Would be a great one to develop. Take 6 mths off, buy a campervan and spend some time on the road.

Trade some of the listing fee for your site fees when you sign them up!

geodomains

Top Contributor
Stop it David, its tempting. Wouldn't that be the life and fully tax deductable.

Seriously this domain has directory written all over it, competition does not look serious, 2650 caravan parks/ tourist parks listed in Yellow Pages. Charge $50.00 a listing to get them on the site and nice little money earner.

Don

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Drop.com.au list now fully populated

Hi Guys,

You may have noticed that our Drop list for today (13th July 2010) was missing some domains following a minor glitch where the drop list had not been populated correctly. This issue has now been corrected and the drop list is fully populated.

There are some stunning domains today including CaravanParks.com.au and CampingGrounds.com.au.

Happy Bidding!

Cheers

Andrew

Shaun

Top Contributor
Pah - they are rubbish domains. (He says in vein trying to get noone to bid on them and pick up a steal for himself)

These have to be the two best domains for a very long time.

I believe that this domain CaravanParks, could beat CarParts.com.au.

Together, CaravanPark and CampingGrounds could possibly beat Forex?

Wow. I want to own a drop catch service!

geodomains

Top Contributor
Congratulations to the new owner, I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the old owner finds out they let it drop. :eek:

Don

DavidL

Top Contributor
Just thought I'd bump this thread. I was interested to see this domain make $21,000 in an AMA the other week but fail to make reserve. It's now still listed for sale on NF at this figure.

I think, if I were the owner I would have cashed in my chips to get a 100% and $10K return in a little over a year. What do you think?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I think, if I were the owner I would have cashed in my chips to get a 100% and $10K return in a little over a year. What do you think?
As a general rule of thumb a 100% return on domains bought on expiry auctions is selling yourself short.

That said, I was never a massive fan of this particular domain. It's good, but back in 2010 I didn't think it was $10,000 good when it dropped. So I tend to think an offer of $21,000 is probably reasonable and I'd sell it.

DavidL

Top Contributor
As a general rule of thumb a 100% return on domains bought on expiry auctions is selling yourself short.

I can't say I agree with this depending on the manner in which the resale is achieved.

If you catch it on the drops at auction, put it up for an AMA 12 months later and then get twice the price, I think that's a great result.

Then you can just rinse and repeat can't you?

I think what you mean is if you catch domains in bulk, do nothing whatsover to market but sit tight and wait for end-users to approach then yes you'd probably want a greater return for each domain that does sell as your sales rate is likely to only be 1 in 50-100 per year.

So you have to make up for the low sales rate with a huge % return. But that isn't the case here as it was another auction scenario.

The other situation is if you catch a domain for $50, it's hardly woirth selling for $100 for a 100% return as it's no worth the hassle.

One question is whether the higher price is due to:

a) growth in the overall market
b) end-user interest in the 2nd auction
c) longer lead time for AMA (rather than 24 hrs) means more time to gain interest from both domainers & end-users

or something else...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members