What's new

Capital cities up for sale

snoopy

Top Contributor
Will be interesting to see how the market is for these, they won't be the easiest domains to develop (some have been discussed before). Needs a large media organisation to buy them, or separate tourist bodies for each name. But will they be interested?

Cal

Top Contributor
That is interesting. With Hobart.com.au going for $65K last year wonder what these will fetch. Hopefully they publish the figures if/when they sell.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Would be a great buy for a National news media company to buy the lot. They would have deeper pockets, the staff in place to develop fast & could probably develop and get their money back much faster than most

Could be a $1 million group sale there? 5 x $250k each?

Would an auction be better to get a higher amount? maybe an auction held at an upcoming auction with potential buyers at this expo? http://www.onlineretailer.com/

I still think somone should run a big generic auction at this expo and promote some one word generics, probably the only place to reach true potential major online focused buyers in one place

findtim

Top Contributor
7 figures ! then spend another 7 figures getting it to work, your break even point is in 5 years if you are LUCKY.

HEY, wait a sec, sydney.com.au , ohhh thats an EMD, google hates them :rolleyes:

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
Would be a great buy for a National news media company to buy the lot. They would have deeper pockets, the staff in place to develop fast & could probably develop and get their money back much faster than most

A bit like News Ltd with goldcoast.com.au.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Why isn't NetFleet in DomainGuardians ear about listing them on NetFleet's Standard Catalogue?

Offer them 1% commission on the deal instead of 8%? Or even pay them to have the sale listed on NetFleet and get all the media buzz that will surround them...

It's rare to get a PR opportunity like this!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Why isn't NetFleet in DomainGuardians ear about listing them on NetFleet's Standard Catalogue?

Offer them 1% commission on the deal instead of 8%? Or even pay them to have the sale listed on NetFleet and get all the media buzz that will surround them...

Doesn't make much sense to me to give it to a competitor to promote.

findtim

Top Contributor
is there an end date for tenders on these? or are they just going to negotiate along the way to their own reserve?

i haven't seen a date in any article, does anyone have one ?

tim

AnthonyP

Top Contributor

What makes you think I have not been whispering sweetly into their ears already?

This is a rare opportunity indeed and we wish them the very best of luck with making a success of it.

I'm confident that DomainGuardians are the right team to pull together a deal like this so I am honestly excited to watch it unfold and if we end up being able to help them by providing a platform which delivers a sale then that is cream on the cake.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Doesn't make much sense to me to give it to a competitor to promote.
Sigh, we don't all make voodoo dolls of one another to stick pins into at night.

Lots of companies work together to make a success of the .au after market. Many of us have worked together in the past and will work together again on projects.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
good luck with selling hope you do get some high prices. Truth is most potential buyers will never even hear of them being for sale and the price will not get to what it could be.

A small advertisement in Financial Review is also a good option. I've seen it work wonders for some very nice domains sold.

Press release and story on domain name values in Australia increasing to Financial Review also a good option.

Beatzones

Was wondering why they get sold as a package?..
And no I'm not a domainer, hence the reason for the question ;)

findtim

Top Contributor
i don't think its a package as in you have to buy ALL, can anyone confirm i am right or wrong.

i personally think they all stand alone as great domains its just whether they are worth the money EACH

but another answer to your question is that domains are often sold in packages especially when their are some weaker names involved but are still related to the others.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members