1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoins

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by helloworld, Nov 18, 2013.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    st kilda primary just called, you haven't handed in your homework.

Scott7 and DnEbook like this.
  2. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Don't hold your breath on that one...

Scott7 likes this.
  3. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Any update on this? Thanks. :)

4. Callum

Callum Membership: Community

Looks like Bitcoins are going to be slowing down due to the recent news in China in regards to Cryptocurrencies.

Have been putting some skin into Ripple recently which looks good! :)

5. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    speaking as a non investor, i think china's action will actually boost the coin !
    you will get the FU surge
    now that the currency is so high i think you will get a black market happening, real money for crypto, thus the countries that can spend bitcoin will somehow get around the processes and hand over real cash at a lower price to people in countries that can't spend crypto
    ------story--------
    in 1991 i was in malawi, africa, the exchange rate for USD was 6 - 1, but we could get 21-1 almost anywhere, shops owned by white ex pats and indians, the value of hard currency was worth far more then the "crypto" malawi currency.

when i was in uganda i cashed $10 USD, the pile of $50 uganda notes was one stack @ 10cm's high.
    the next week i cashed another $10 USD, the best way to describe it is " if i put it into an empty vb carton i would not have fitted it all in "
    ------------------

just an uneducated prediction !

tim

6. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
  7. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    wow !
    how progressive and they didn't need a plebiscite to decide that :p

tim

DnEbook likes this.
  8. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    John Colascione has used NameBio to compile a list of the top 100 publicly reported domain name sales with the exact word 'Bitcoin' in the URL. You can take a look at it here.

Scott.L and helloworld like this.
  9. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    John has followed this up with a post listing the top 300+ Cryptocurrency related domain name sales. Here they are.

10. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    It's taken some time, but the mainstream Bitcoin media (aka coindesk) has finally caught wind of the next Bitcoin hard fork, Bitcoin Gold, also known as Bgold. It is a friendly fork, as they are promoting themselves as an altcoin, unlike the previous unfriendly fork, Bitcoin Cash (Bcash), that was set up to try and replace Bitcoin.

As was the case with Bcash, if you hold Bitcoin (outside of an exchange) on the 25th of October, you will receive the equivalent number of Bgold on the 1st of November. What the price will start at is anybody's guess, however, it will give you some free crypto that you can then exchange for more Bitcoin if you're looking to increase your holdings.

You can keep up to date with the latest on the Bgold fork at Bgold Twitter feed & Bgold Official Website

Scott.L likes this.
  11. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

I really don't understand this shit. What does it mean ", if you hold Bitcoin (outside of an exchange) on the 25th of October, you will receive the equivalent number of Bgold on the 1st of November"

So if you have btc on a hard drive somewhere?

12. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Basically, if control the private key for your Bitcoin (i.e. don't have it at an exchange, such as, Coinbase, Coinjar etc), you will get the same number of Bgold for free, which is what also happened with the release of Bcash. Some exchanges may support Bgold, so you may still get it, but this can't be guaranteed. ACX.io, for example, did support Bcash, but this was not the case with all exchanges.

This article gives a good rundown of the various options for Bitcoin storage.

Scott.L likes this.
  13. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Price has just crossed 7k AUD for the first time. Current price at acx.io is 7,033.35 AUD.

14. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    it was on the abc news this morning topping $5k USD, apparently some guy in germany has sold his house, car and moved his family into a caravan and bought bitcoins..... he's bet the farm !

tim

Scott7 likes this.
  15. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Bitcoin technical chart analyst, Tone Vays, who has made some accurate predictions about Bitcoin in the past has had some very interesting things to say recently. He says that no matter how high Bitcoin goes on this bull run, it will retest 5,000 USD. In addition to this, Bitcoin has never retested 1,350 USD and so even if the price goes to 10,000 USD, it could still retrace to that level. It's then that things would get really ugly.

16. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Tell him He's dreaming.

Scott7 likes this.
  17. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You too are a man who knows the charts, Scott. I'd be interested to hear your analysis of recent trends and what you see going forward.

18. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Scott7 likes this.
  19. Scott7

auDA Member:
    Yes
  20. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Finally Usable Crypto Karma - Don't be shy, this Crypto-currency is for everyone.

DnEbook likes this.