What's new

Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Top Contributor
Also isn't it amazing how early solicitors will get up to sniff out a $$$.

I beleive Cooper Mills has entered the building. :mad:

If you want the name of someone GREAT PM me.

Billy01, I don't feel your comments are adding any value to this discussion. I'm all for people expressing their views, but I must remind you of the rules:

please treat fellow members in a respectful and adult manner

I have worked with several firms on IP matters over the years and have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Cooper Mills. Erhan's expertise in this space is second to none. He's a lovely guy, a great contributor to the local technology industry and has helped many of us over the years.

Cheers,
Chris

Billy01

Top Contributor
Well I've had an indifferent experience

Also Ned the Caymans were great thanks.

How are you going? In semi retirement? Still putting squat tags under peoples sales threads to drive traffic.

Regards Billy

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Also Ned the Caymans were great thanks.

How are you going? In semi retirement? Still putting squat tags under peoples sales threads to drive traffic.

Regards Billy

What the hell are squat tags? I found one definition (!) but that seems rather out of context!

Anyway shame on Ned for trying to drive traffic to his website and helping people sell domains.

neddy

Top Contributor
What the hell are squat tags?

I'd like to know too!

Oh, and by the way Joel, it's not my forum anymore.

I really thought you'd had enough of us back in April? I said goodbye to you back then. Here's the full post for others to read:

http://www.dntrade.com.au/would-you-do-t4880.html?p=34206&highlight=weird#post34206

Constructive comments are always welcomed. But if you don't like the place, vote with your feet and bugger off (forever).

But don't disrupt the harmony of the board; or trash other members unfairly - or we'll make the decision for you.

Earth to Joel; Earth to Joel - did you receive? Over.

Billy01

Top Contributor
Earth to Ned

The only reason I am posting is because I KNOW you don't own it. As a matter of fact I take the I Squat and U Squat tags under my post as defamatory.

Expect to hear from me to your personal email via my solicitor

neddy

Top Contributor
The only reason I am posting is because I KNOW you don't own it. As a matter of fact I take the I Squat and U Squat tags under my post as defamatory.

Expect to hear from me to your personal email via my solicitor

I still don't know what the stuff you are talking about.

Anyway, don't bother with my personal email. If you truly feel the need, get your solicitor to write to my solicitor.

His name is Erhan Karabardak of Cooper Mills; and I'll have him in my corner any day. ;)

chris

Top Contributor
Billy01 in recent days you have come on here and attacked Cooper Mills unfairly. Now you are having a go at neddy.

This forum is not the place for personal attacks, it's a place to discuss our passion for the web and domains.

I considered banning you, however instead I have placed you on "moderation". Any posts you make will be vetted first to ensure that you are able to follow the rules of our forum.

Cheers,
Chris

smee

Top Contributor
I still don't know what the stuff you are talking about.

Anyway, don't bother with my personal email. If you truly feel the need, get your solicitor to write to my solicitor.

His name is Erhan Karabardak of Cooper Mills; and I'll have him in my corner any day. ;)

The way I read his post is that he is implying that you added the 'i squat, u squat' tags showing under his posts. Irrespective of whether that his claim that it's defamatory or not, if you did do that when you were forum owner, I'd say at the minimum it's bad form.

neddy

Top Contributor
The way I read his post is that he is implying that you added the 'i squat, u squat' tags showing under his posts. Irrespective of whether that his claim that it's defamatory or not, if you did do that when you were forum owner, I'd say at the minimum it's bad form.

I have just figured out what people are talking about. I was looking at the bottom of each post, and couldn't see any "tags". Then I looked further down and saw them.

I am not a technical person, though I have mastered the basics of vBulletin.

So as far as "tags" are concerned, I can put my hand on my heart and say I never put them there. I swear that on my sons lives.

They have been removed; and I have asked FPR if he knows anything.

findtim

Top Contributor
I have just figured out what people are talking about. I was looking at the bottom of each post, and couldn't see any "tags". Then I looked further down and saw them.

I am not a technical person, though I have mastered the basics of vBulletin.

So as far as "tags" are concerned, I can put my hand on my heart and say I never put them there. I swear that on my sons lives.

They have been removed; and I have asked FPR if he knows anything.

Withany program there are sooooo many different options and butons to select so even i who does this full time sometimes struggle to find out how to remove something, there's another thread running on how to remove signatures from WP post , my point is theres a lot of things people don't know about so i'll take ned on his word.

maybe billy you should have picked up the phone or PM'd before making accusations

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
Billy01 and I have had an email exchange, and he has calmed down somewhat.

He also tells me that he got tipped off to the "tags", and that they were in place since April 2011.

I only took over in April 2011, and there were heaps of mods in place for some months thereafter. FPR only became a mod in late 2011.

If I had been alerted to it earlier, I would have removed them.

As I said before, it wasn't me, and I'm not going to give this any more oxygen. We've all got better things to do.

Cheers, Ned

Billy01

Top Contributor
It's All Sorted

Thanks Ned. You've been very helpful and next time I'll take a couple of deep breaths before I start throwing ALL my toys from the pram.

It's fixed now so lets just get on with life.

Cheers

and to the most important person Sara sticking up for her rights.

neddy

Top Contributor
Whilst I said I wasn't going to give this any more oxygen, this issue of "tags" really bugged me. I felt my integrity was at stake.

Obviously they are used for SEO purposes etc, but I have never physically added any in the past.

So this is what I have found out:

1. Any member can add tags to any thread as long as they are logged in. It doesn't have to be a moderator or an admin.

To give you an example of this, go to the latest intro thread: http://www.dntrade.com.au/ophelie-flippa-here-t5841.html

There are already two tags there (right down the bottom). On the r/h side there is an "edit tags" button. If you click on that you will see that anyone can add two tags. (Admins / mods can add more).

2. As a mod, I now know how to identify who places tags. By moving my cursor over the tags, it tells me who put them there (but not when). Unfortunately, I deleted the tags on Billy01's post before I knew this!

3. FPR very kindly spent some time yesterday having a look back at the database, and he found that these tags were placed on 27th September 2011. For privacy reasons (and because this matter doesn't need any further ventilation), I'm not going to disclose who placed them (so please don't ask me!) - other than it was a current member who has never been a mod or admin! If they want to admit to it, they can.

So mystery solved; problem solved (tags removed / and that original thread removed) - therefore win / win.

Cheers, Ned

smee

Top Contributor
I'm not going to disclose who placed them (so please don't ask me!) - other than it was a current member who has never been a mod or admin! If they want to admit to it, they can.

Process of elimination - it wasn't me!

neddy

Top Contributor
Process of elimination - it wasn't me!

You sure smee?

Why don't we make you the scapegoat anyway?

:D

Just kidding of course.

And please, there is no need for everyone to come on and say it wasn't them. The matter is done and dusted.

In fact, thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads