What's new

Aww SNAP!

Chris.C

Top Contributor
LMAO...

Did NF's Snapper Auction snap up Mobile Numbers, Chocolate Labrador and Go Kart Shop?

I'm devo that my browser froze again just as I was about to place a bid on Mobile Numbers on NetFleets snapper auction!

(my browser always seems to freeze Drop transitions into their extended period of bidding)

On the plus side I was the highest bidder for ChocolateLabrador.com.au on both Drop and Snapper - so if NF did pick it up for me effectively I saved myself a few dollars.

:)

Last edited:

Shane

Top Contributor
It's the first time I've seen "not caught" next to a name on Drop for a while. If Netfleet did get them, some lucky bugger my have scored mobilenumbers.com.au for $10!

Chris.C

Top Contributor
It's the first time I've seen "not caught" next to a name on Drop for a while. If Netfleet did get them, some lucky bugger my have scored mobilenumbers.com.au for $10!
I have noticed a couple of Not Caughts in recent weeks.

It would seem that there is an infrequent arbitrage opportunity, and I think I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Snapper has definitely been getting more bids of late.

That said I'm pissed that my browser froze when I went to bid on MobileNumbers.com.au so I didn't get my bid in on the first time that I have seen NF actually win the race to register the top domain of the day.

Ugh!

Nova

Top Contributor
Noticed that too, if NF got it for $10, good on 'em.

It shows that if you want it, you need to be active on both sites.

Nova

DavidL

Top Contributor
was only a matter of time before this happened, wouldve been more dramatic if it was a $xx,xxx name
well done NF

Thanks although it's not necessarily a matter of time! It's a technology driven race of sorts and Drop have a fair old headstart on us so it is entirely possible that we might never catch them up.

However we have been trying hard (I can now press my mouse button more than 15 times per second) so it was nice to get the top one today. We've been catching the odd competitive one here and there but generally domains with less than $50 bid @ Drop.

Noticed that too, if NF got it for $10, good on 'em.

It shows that if you want it, you need to be active on both sites.

Nova

Yes guys, Netfleet bidder got it for $10 and, as the first bidder, got a $10 discount so paid reg fee!

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Has Snap done it again?

I sense an arbitrage opportunity arising (except I was outbid on all my NF bids today)!

It's interesting that NF is starting to get a few. Previously only those that didn't receive bids on Drop were about the only ones NF would get.

I'm sure there some happy domainers out there though who managed to pickup some good domains for a fraction of the price!

Cheers,
Joel

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members