What's new

awsm.com.au

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks for the appraisals. Didn't cost me anything so I'm ok with that.

Cheers.

P.S. uniquenames.com.au or giftsforchristmas.com.au have any value in them?

James

Top Contributor
Thanks for the appraisals. Didn't cost me anything so I'm ok with that.

Cheers.

P.S. uniquenames.com.au or giftsforchristmas.com.au have any value in them?

Gifts for Christmas is at its peak like today, in a few days it will be back to next to nothing search volume until next late OCT - November when it picks up again it is a highly seasonal keyword.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
further down the track uniquenames should grow in value .....hold for now

welcome to the forum

(another one i have poached from namepros)

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think awsm.com.au is worth regging for sure. Didn't know about the slang use for it until I searched though. It's also a very reasonable 4-letter esp with the 'a' for Australia or Association

UnqiueNames.com.au is a good name too. Great for a boutique domain sales website.

GiftsforChristmas.com.au whilst seasonal does have some decent search volume. Broad match is 18,100 and that's averaged over the year (110,000 in December!). Phrase match is a lot lower though surprisingly...

James

Top Contributor
I think awsm.com.au is worth regging for sure. Didn't know about the slang use for it until I searched though. It's also a very reasonable 4-letter esp with the 'a' for Australia or Association

UnqiueNames.com.au is a good name too. Great for a boutique domain sales website.

GiftsforChristmas.com.au whilst seasonal does have some decent search volume. Broad match is 18,100 and that's averaged over the year (110,000 in December!). Phrase match is a lot lower though surprisingly...

Umm I would advise using Google Insights for Search over KW data, as seasonal keywords have huge changes.

Ash

Top Contributor
David and James, thanks for taking the time to comment and give your appraisals. These were a couple of knee-jerk regs after looking at kw data - will pay more attention to insights next time.

On that note, I've checked out insights for uniquenames.com.au and GiftsForChristmas.com.au and they don't look as good as they did with their KW data. Oh well, live and learn.

Cheers

snoopy

Top Contributor

C'mon, aside from a 15 year old with no money who is ever going to want that?

Uniquenames.com.au - wouldn't be holding this, a domainer isn't going to pay much and there would be a tonne of alternatives. Not sure "unique" is really the best term ever in terms of describing a domain name anyway, especially for resale where it is "common" that is worth money.

Giftsforchitmas.com.au - it sounds ok but it is long, broad and very seasonal, I'm not sure if it is really that suited to development, the best of the bunch though.

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Snoopy...

RE: UniqueNames.com.au - I see this being more as a list of unique baby names with links or something for personalised gifts and other baby related gifts. Maybe I'm off the mark.

DavidL

Top Contributor
C'mon, aside from a 15 year old with no money who is ever going to want that?

I actually registered a couple of hundred 4-letter domains and have sold a few. Certainly keepers from my POV.

May as well give away my rationale:

I figured that businesses with 4 word in their business names were more likely than those with 3 word business names to consider the acronym as their web address.

Epping Chicken Shop could get away with EppingChickenShop.com.au as their domain name

Epping Charcoal Chicken Shop are probably stretching it with EppingCharcoalChickenShop.com.au so would be more likely to look at ECCS.com.au

So by this logic (which you'll probably dispute), 4-letter acronyms are actually more sought after (valuable) than you might think.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I actually registered a couple of hundred 4-letter domains and have sold a few. Certainly keepers from my POV.

May as well give away my rationale:

I figured that businesses with 4 word in their business names were more likely than those with 3 word business names to consider the acronym as their web address.

Epping Chicken Shop could get away with EppingChickenShop.com.au as their domain name

Epping Charcoal Chicken Shop are probably stretching it with EppingCharcoalChickenShop.com.au so would be more likely to look at ECCS.com.au

So by this logic (which you'll probably dispute), 4-letter acronyms are actually more sought after (valuable) than you might think.

What is the chance of Epping Charcoal Chicken Shop being willing to spend anything above $20 on a domain name? Secondly why wouldn't they just get eppingchicken.com.au or one of the other half dozen alternatives they would have?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Thanks Snoopy...

RE: UniqueNames.com.au - I see this being more as a list of unique baby names with links or something for personalised gifts and other baby related gifts. Maybe I'm off the mark.

I can see it having an application there. But this is the kind of site run by a hobbyist at home, not someone who will pay a premium for a domain.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
only small percentages of names will ever sell for a premium , if it makes a couple of hundred dollars profit i can't see why it would be a bad reg, who says no to profit small/large/huge

snoopy

Top Contributor
only small percentages of names will ever sell for a premium , if it makes a couple of hundred dollars profit i can't see why it would be a bad reg, who says no to profit small/large/huge

How is the name making a profit? Looks like a new reg to me.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member