What's new

Aust Domains COR...feel like I am dealing in the 90's.

James

Top Contributor
SO I have done around 20 x COR'S in the past, I normally deal with paperless companies.

Now last week I purchased a domain from some one who was using this "AUST Domains" company. Now I have a feeling the seller has never even sold any .com.au domains in the past because he does not seem to know what to do with his company.

Usually I am use to the process where you get the domain pass word, push the domain to the new account ect ect, it is pretty quick and takes a few days.

Now this Aust domains company has requested the following on the website for transfers?
- Drivers Licences copy (Buyer Seller)
- Paper forms filled out (Buyer Seller)
- Deed of sale (contract buyer and seller) its a domain wother $XXX not a friking property.
- $140 to do COR (not worried about that but its about 5 x the cost of other companies)
- They want all this stuff faxed ect, no digital.

http://www.austdomains.com.au/forms/aust_domains_form6.pdf

Now my question is, after talking to a few dominers is their a "quicker way" to do this??....
I don't understand why one company has one set of rules for COR's and then 20 other have completely different.

I have also tried to call Aust Domains 3 times last week but after going on hold for 40 minutes each time I just gave up.

It just makes people NOT want to use Aust Domains.

Any one dealt with this company how long will it take to get this domain?

findtim

Top Contributor
you can transfer your domain name to another registrar (this is free) and then process the COR through another registrar if you don't like the process on offer with Aust Domains.

yes, just remove the domain from the "idiot" and then go back to what you are use to working with.

it may seem like it will take longer but in reality the pain is less.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
Ask them for the EPP and to set your email address as the contacts and take care of the rest yourself.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Ask them for the EPP and to set your email address as the contacts and take care of the rest yourself.
This is not the right way to do this.

There are now so many registrars offering efficient paperless COR that this shortcut is not worth the risk.

You would need to have written approval from the current registrant to take control of their registrant contact details. You would also need to outline to them that you would have control to renew, transfer or sell/change registrant details for the domain name during this time.

I understand that this is exactly what they want you to do but the point is that you need to gain their explicit permission on a per domain basis to do this prior to doing it, which is probably as cumbersome as just convincing them to transfer it to another registrar.

findtim

Top Contributor
This is not the right way to do this.

There are now so many registrars offering efficient paperless COR that this shortcut is not worth the risk.

You would need to have written approval from the current registrant to take control of their registrant contact details. You would also need to outline to them that you would have control to renew, transfer or sell/change registrant details for the domain name during this time.

I understand that this is exactly what they want you to do but the point is that you need to gain their explicit permission on a per domain basis to do this prior to doing it, which is probably as cumbersome as just convincing them to transfer it to another registrar.

may not be the right way to do it but johno69 is correct in that this happens ALL the time, especially when 1 party is more knowledgable then the other.

bottom line is that it has been agreed and the transaction is done, they only care about money not "systems"

the purchaser is the one that needs to make sure it all ends up good, so its not likely to fail.
tim

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
may not be the right way to do it but johno69 is correct in that this happens ALL the time, especially when 1 party is more knowledgable then the other.

bottom line is that it has been agreed and the transaction is done, they only care about money not "systems"

the purchaser is the one that needs to make sure it all ends up good, so its not likely to fail.
tim
I also suspect that it happens all too frequently but that is no reason to encourage anyone to actual do it.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo