What's new

AUS.com domain name

jamesau

Won't get the right price on Flippa. Would imagine reserve is $100k, $250k would be a good sale.

Disclaimer: Complete desk-pop values.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
From memory, the last I saw the bidding at was $90K... so I think the seller can be reasonably happy that the bidding was creeping towards their BIN.

@Alex Lunnon (Flippa.com) - It's a bit of a shame that a few big ticket domains are ultimately being sold privately. Is there a reason why Flippa offers private sales? Isn't the point of an auction to give sellers something to promote and to bring in as many bidders as possible?

Do you feel that private sales stifle potential PR that could be garnered for both your platform and the domain industry?

James

Top Contributor
I guess some buyers like their privacy, who knows someone like Tourism Australia may have noticed the domain.

Is there a reason why Flippa offers private sales?

Do you feel that private sales stifle potential PR that could be garnered for both your platform and the domain industry?

This is something, specifically at the higher end that's being requested from buyers or sellers in the terms of sale. I believe it's been said upwards of 90% of domain sales go un-reported. From our perspective it's in the best interests of Flippa to share the successes whenever we can, not only for the credibility of the platform but also the health of the domain industry and secondary markets - something we will continue to try and do whenever possible.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
From our perspective it's in the best interests of Flippa to share the successes whenever we can, not only for the credibility of the platform but also the health of the domain industry and secondary markets - something we will continue to try and do whenever possible.
I hope you charge heavily for the "right" to hide the successful results to disincentivise that sort of thing.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member