Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

snoopy

Top Contributor
There was an interesting comment made at the Melbourne meeting regarding the lottery, along the lines of

"Why doesn't auDA hold an auction"

At the moment auDA seems to be playing the game about this, pretending that they see it as undesirable because it would confirm everything we already know about auDA and direct registration, it is all about money.

Whilst I am against an auction because I am against the entire proposal it is pretty obvious that the lottery model had no chance of survival. Sooner or later it will be the inevitable. "The lottery idea hasn't been popular and we can see no other way than an auction". I think this is where auDA will ultimately hope to take this as it will bring in millions of dollars, maybe even $10million or more. At the moment they have proposed something obviously crazy and I think down the track they will hope it is easier to sell an auction model as an alternative to it.

The CEO has highlighted to the panel the no hierarchy of rights principle. This is basically telling them the owners of different tld must compete in some form, whether it is a lottery, an auction or any other model it is putting one owner against the other.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member