What's new

auDA Special General Meeting 2017

neddy

Top Contributor
On Domainer today, I feature two good short audio segments from Brett Fenton and Adrian Kinderis. Well worth a listen imo.

Erhan Karabardak's responses and "spin" (as Chair of the meeting) are also something to behold!

Shane

Top Contributor
Cameron Boardman responds on Radio 2GB with a typical politician's response.

If you're reading this Cameron, members are "tired of spin" - or haven't you got that message yet?

It concerned me how Cameron referred to auDA a couple of times as "the company". Of course there's nothing technically wrong with calling it a company, but we all know it as an organisation. After all, it's auda.org.au, not auda.com.au...

Why change the language that is used to describe auDA? Given that the auDA website lists all of his previous roles as government based, it would have to be quite a deliberate change to start referring to his employer as the company.

I just found it a little strange.

neddy

Top Contributor
Remember when Brett Fenton asked Erhan at the SGM if the Board had full confidence in the CEO? Then followed lots of nods and affirmations - though Erhan wouldn't allow us to ask each individual Director.

Great article in The Age today about CBA. Loved this bit:

In the sporting world, the expression "having the full support of the board" has become such a cliche it has even made it into the Urban Dictionary.

The definition is: "Something that a football club's board will say to the media about their coach two to four weeks before firing him."

It can also be applied to companies. Take Uber boss Travis Kalanick, who resigned amid a firestorm shortly after the board's Arianna Huffington told the media "the board has confidence in Travis".

snoopy

Top Contributor
Remember when Brett Fenton asked Erhan at the SGM if the Board had full confidence in the CEO? Then followed lots of nods and affirmations - though Erhan wouldn't allow us to ask each individual Director.

Great article in The Age today about CBA. Loved this bit:

I think it was going to get very North Korean if they all were made to pledge support.

neddy

Top Contributor
I think it was going to get very North Korean if they all were made to pledge support.
I saw this photo recently doing the rounds on social media. A metaphor perhaps? :)

Scott.L

Top Contributor
I noticed on auDA website the publication of dates for Past Directors;

Past Directors
Name Period
Stuart Benjamin 14/11/2016 - 14/11/2017

Isn't that ODD?

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Luckily they don't run a registry.

Que Music ..Elvis is King.

You ain't nothin' but a Regulator
Cryin' all the time
Cryin' all the time
Well, you ain't never caught an AU and you ain't no friend of mine

Boom, boom, boom,

Well you said you were a Registry
Well, that was just a lie
Yeah you said you were a Registry

Whaoooooohhhhh….

Cryin' all the time
Cryin' all the time

Wooohhh……

Well you said you were a Registry
Yeah you said you were a Registry

robert

Top Contributor
I noticed on auDA website the publication of dates for Past Directors;

Past Directors
Name Period
Stuart Benjamin 14/11/2016 - 14/11/2017

Isn't that ODD?
Well picked up, Scott.
If benefit of the doubt is given, and someone at auDA hasn't deliberately tried to create a "full non-event - nothing to see here" term-served record into the history books, at least now that it's pointed out, this accidental error obviously needs to be changed to reflect reality.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member