What's new

auDA Membership

Are you an auDA member?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
as I usually stay right out of politics.. But I feel this direct .au implementation needs to be done properly & right.
The only way I feel this is done is through being a member..
But if the Supply members all vote in one way how is it ever going to be fair for the registrants? In reality Supply always wants to make the most money they can. There seems to be NO supply board members who voted against direct .au registrations. They want the $$$ just as Auda and Ausregistry will also benefit from more registrations and more income from registrations, renewals and Change of Registrant fees.

snoopy

Top Contributor
there was a sugestion that classes be removed, i can't see that ever happening?
tim

Suspect that is a big problem. I guess you could ask what is AUDA really about. It's purpose isn't to make money for service providers, so why should a small number of supply members hold 36% of voting power?

Having said that there is probably an issue with overepresentation of domainers among "demand side" members. In short the typical member of the public is in the dark even though that is where AUDA's responsibility actually lies.

Given that the Internet naming system is a public resource in the sense that its functions must be administered in the public or common interest, auDA recognises that the management and administration of the au ccTLD are subject to the ultimate authority of the Commonwealth of Australia
https://www.auda.org.au/pdf/auda-govt-endorse.pdf

That is definitely not the case now, decisions aren't being made in the "public interest" and perhaps the biggest issue is a flawed board structure.

findtim

Top Contributor
quite quickly, you just wait for the 3rd blue moon on the horizon when the ducks fly south into a red diamond shaped cloud.

findtim

Top Contributor
auda membership confirmation emails being sent today so you should have them sometime this week.
tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
auDA membership should be FREE like it is in Canada
https://member.cira.ca/en/index.html/-/0797b24c9247816c20112adf7d08720331f59f82
https://member.cira.ca/en/membership-info.html
CIRA Membership Basics
What is a .CA Member?

Membership in CIRA is open to .CA Registrants who apply for membership and are authenticated and admitted in accordance with the CIRA's Policy on Membership. A Registrant without a Domain Name is not eligible for membership.

Learn more about the benefits of being a .CA Member.
How do I become a CIRA Member?
To become a CIRA Member, you must have an active .CA domain name.

A. If you do not have a .CA domain name:
  • Register a new .CA domain name. You will receive an email invitation to become a CIRA Member following the registration process (Please visit Why.CA to learn how to register a .CA domain name.)
For more information, please contact Member Services by email at member.services@cira.ca or by telephone at 1-877-913-5335, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
What is the difference between individual and non-individual membership?
When registering a .CA domain name, Registrants must choose one of CIRA's official legal types which denotes their eligibility to hold a .CA domain name. An individual Registrant is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, legal representative, or an aboriginal person. All other legal types, such as Canadian corporations, are considered non-individuals.
Does being a Member affect my .CA domain name?
No, being a CIRA Member does not affect your .CA domain name in any way.
Does it cost anything to be a CIRA Member?

CIRA Membership is completely free.

Can I become a CIRA Member at any time?

If you have an active .CA domain name, you can become a CIRA Member at any time.

I have more than one .CA domain name. Can I take out a membership for each name?

No. An individual or organization may have only one CIRA membership, regardless of the number of .CA domain names they hold.

Why does CIRA require enrolment for membership?

As a Member-driven organization it is important to CIRA to have an active membership and to know who our members are. By requiring enrolment for membership, CIRA is able to confirm every CIRA Member's identity.

How do I exercise my CIRA membership rights?

CIRA will email you to notify you of events in which you can exercise your membership rights. For a full list of CIRA membership rights and benefits, click here.
I am no longer the Registrant for a .CA domain. Can I maintain my membership?
Membership in CIRA is restricted to individuals who are listed as the Registrant for a .CA domain name. You can become a CIRA member again by registering a new domain name, and applying for membership.
Membership Enrolment Process
As long as you hold a .CA domain name you can become a CIRA Member at any time.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo