What's new

AUDA Membership Quesiton

Lucas

Top Contributor
I want to sign up as an AUDA member but I am a bit unsure what to do regarding the following point

Supply Class. For companies, associations and individuals who are Registry Operators,
auDA Accredited Registrars or appointed resellers of an Accredited Registrar.
Please Note: Only one entity within a group of related entities may be a Supply Class
member of auDA. For example, if an auDA Accredited Registrar owns a reseller, then
either the Registrar or the reseller (not both) may be a Supply Class member.

Demand Class. For companies, associations and individuals who are not Registry
Operators, auDA Accredited Registrars or appointed resellers of an Accredited Registrar.

I am unsure how I can apply, if at all. I have a reseller account through Crazy Domains which would make me think I would need to apply for a 'Supply Class' membership, however it says only one entity within a group may apply either the registrar or the reseller. I assume Crazy Domains (Aust Domains) would be a member so if I understand correctly that means I could not apply under the 'Supply Class'.

So I then thought to apply under the 'Demand Class' but the conditions outlined above state this is not available for appointed resellers??

Am I missing something or does this mean I cannot apply for AUDA membership?

I want to sign up as an AUDA member but I am a bit unsure what to do regarding the following point

I am unsure how I can apply, if at all. I have a reseller account through Crazy Domains which would make me think I would need to apply for a 'Supply Class' membership, however it says only one entity within a group may apply either the registrar or the reseller. I assume Crazy Domains (Aust Domains) would be a member so if I understand correctly that means I could not apply under the 'Supply Class'.

So I then thought to apply under the 'Demand Class' but the conditions outlined above state this is not available for appointed resellers??

Am I missing something or does this mean I cannot apply for AUDA membership?

Lurker it sounds like you are eligible to join as a supply class member - the 'same group' issue is to stop people from having 3 different reseller / registrar companies all joining as supply class members.

soj

Founder
To my mind, you can choose to do either or both. It all depends on your "structure" as a reseller.

Huh? (I hear you say).

Have a look at the list of auDA Members. You will see that some supply members are companies; yet their well know representatives are also demand class members.

http://www.auda.org.au/membership/members-list/

And it is covered in the auDA Constitution here:

9.4 Qualification for Supply Class Membership

Any Legal Person

Their definition of Legal Person:

"Legal Person" means the legal definition of a person, including without limitation a natural person (individual) or an Organisation

"Organisation" means a body corporate including without limitation an incorporated association or a Government agency

• So, as a silly example, let's say Lurker Pty Ltd has a reseller agreement. If you look at the application form, you simply have to nominate a natural person as a representative or nominee -
    but it is the company that is the member.

If the applicant is a company or association, please provide the name of the individual who will
be the nominee for the company or association. Note that use of the words I/you below refers to
the company or association, not the nominee.

Now let's look at qualification for you as an individual becoming a demand class member.

9.5 Qualification for Demand Class Membership

Any Legal Person that does not qualify for Supply Class membership may apply to be a Demand Class Member.

• Mr Lurker is a natural person and does not have a reseller agreement - his company does. (Even though he may be a director or shareholder of the company).
    He can therefore apply to be a demand class member.

Hope that helps!

Lucas

Top Contributor
Thanks for the replies.

My reseller account is not part of my company so if I registered with AUDA as the company it would be as a 'Demand Class' member. Does that sound right?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yes that's right. Just register in your own name even. Not sure all companies get the baseball cap you see.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member