What's new

auDA Media Release: Should .au be opened up for direct registration?

findtim

Top Contributor
FREE.AU FOR .COM.AU REGISTRANTS
and everything you said below.
i think its fair they cover their costs, lets not take it to far.
but i have always said just GIVE the .com.au owner the .au and if they said that i'd probably shut up !
The only demand for this change has come from auDA and associated parasites who will obtain an economic benefit from the change, there has been no demand for this change from outside auDA.
yep, i've talked to many of my clients recently and just yesterday a friend who has a few domains and he said " you have to be kidding" !!!!!!!!!!!!
i said " the sad thing paul is that if you didn't have me, then you may have never known and woke up one day to someone else owning your domain.au "
back when businesses were registered state by state i had a client that i got his domain name for his business in 2001, the same business name was registered in every other state but we got in first and its been a powerful brand for him, he deserves to have the .au and not someone else in another state, its just not fair and definitely not the .net.au owner.

and the argument that we should own the .net.au as well is ridiculous , hand reg $1 .net.au should be permanent as thats all they are worth IF that.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
he deserves to have the .au and not someone else in another state, its just not fair and definitely not the .net.au owner.

Agree, seems we have a "underclass" of .net.au owners developing. They will like have zero dollars to lobby anyone over it so it will be interesting if AUDA deciders to leave them in the dust. I do agree though they shouldn't have any rights.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo