What's new

au.com

snoopy

Top Contributor
This is bush league stuff from netregistry. Not only have they sold people sub domains dressed up as domain but they'll strip it out from them when it makes more sense to to just sell off the domain.

Really netregistry probably should get sued over it but I doubt anyone would bother with the legal costs.

There is probably a fair bit of residual traffic in this name though the most obvious business model is (cough cough) running a sub domain business. Would guess 300-500k.

findtim

Top Contributor
when was that article written? if it was yesterday then feb 2015 i think isn't long enough, it needs another year to clear out the dust.

if you are the person that has carsales.au.com then that email notification isn't going to be a happy one.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
when was that article written? if it was yesterday then feb 2015 i think isn't long enough, it needs another year to clear out the dust.

if you are the person that has carsales.au.com then that email notification isn't going to be a happy one.

tim

Probably says a lot about subdomains. I remember debates on domain forums some years ago where people some felt there was potential for a "registry" to disappear tomorrow via loss/sale of the domain whilst others were adamant nothing would ever happen with this kind of thing.

Also I think it says something for why some companies should not run a domain registry. I'd lump other stuff into the same bracket like .tv, .co and other rehashed country codes where the decision maker is not anyone reliable.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member