What's new

Articles about domaining and value of product related names.

Timmy

Banned
Hey guys,

As some of you know I run a Small Business Forum with a couple of mates. The forum is steadily growing and we're about to do a few campaigns to boost membership numbers.

I'm personally going to be writing about some hard lessons learned (starting a business with a name that didn't mention my product/industry and with a freshly regg'd domain in a massively competitive industry with well established competitors) and was contemplating making it a bit of a series of articles to help the 2,000 loyal readers of our articles.

Without it becoming a time-sink... If anyone is interested in contributing some information/articles then I'd be very grateful (credit and backlinks a given). Some input from experienced members of this forum could ensure that I/We are actually publishing something accurate and conducive to the cause.

Ideally, if someone has a success story, and attributes some/much of the success to a premium or product-related domain name then we could even do an article in an interview format as part of the series. I'm not really wanting to go into domaining etc too much, I mainly would like to show how a generic, product-related, geo, aged, established domain should be considered an investment and can offer massive benefits when launching a new business with seo and with product identification.

Without even considering the obvious seo benefits, I am already seeing improvement in telesales now that I am Tim from DiscountVouchers.com.au rather than Tim from Every Ounce Counts.

Really just tossing ideas up at this stage so happy to receive any input from you lot.

Thanks in advance.

Tim.

** Apologies - I thought I was in the discussion forum **

Last edited:

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hello Tim,

Good luck with your venture. Anything that promotes to SME's the benefits of owning their own domain(s) and the value of using generic domains to capture traffic, is a worthy cause in my books.

You are free to use the following article from our Knowledge Base:
http://www.drop.com.au/my_account/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=47

If you have any specific topics you want to explore, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
George Pongas

DavidL

Top Contributor
Nice one, Timmy!

looks a great site and I'm sure it will do well. I'll try to put together a couple of articles. Photographers.com.au is one success story that springs to mind.

Also it's great to hear how in your experience your domain name has helped you offline just by giving you instant credibility and by piquing interest.

Meantime, if you are after video content, check out this

http://www.netregistry.com.au/resources/videos/page/2/#

and the third video down. I cringe but it is directly targeted to small business owners!

Good luck!

shags38

Top Contributor
Timmy,

I will join up - nice site - I suppose you are competing with FS and AT - I hope you give FS a run.

good luck,
Mike

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members