What's new

Are we in the middle of a Facebook bubble?

DavidL

Top Contributor
I agree very much ... I do think we are in a big bubble.

For 90% of businesses, fb is not a good fit. Great for deals businesses and 'cool' products and brands but for the vast majority of boring but real world carpet cleaners, actuaries etc it doesn't work

People arevthrowing their money in when they should be using it for sem and seo is my feeling.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
As David mentioned, at the moment the majority of businesses will probably get a better ROI elsewhere.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Google+ might offer businesses more incentive to be "social".

whiterabit

kinda goes back to my comment the other day. right now in agency land there are a number of BUZZ words flying around. One of the big ones is SOCIAL! Yes I think we're in a Facebook bubble - I'd go as far to say a Social Media bubble. just as we have a two speed economy, we also have a two speed online economy. Social Media is great for two things raising profiles and raising fat IO's....if you cant get your website right dont even bother with social. if you think you have you're ducks lined up and are looking for the next big thing then try social....I agree with Chris.C on the Google+ offering more over FB too

James

Top Contributor
I think the problem is their are too many people who think any thing can work on Facebook and usually it is not the case.

People have unrealistic expectations too from Facebook they want 10,000 likes for a silly brand and have nothing to offer customers, engagement rates are low.

The most funny thing is when people buy likes and then they wonder why they have 9,900 likes from india and they have no interaction and then their pages never shows in the stream due to the FB algo.

I have been building pages on facebook since the day they were released, I have built numerous pages to 100,000+ fans, ive even sold some big pages before they changed the rules...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member