What's new

Appraisal of MM.com.au

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Well it's a terrific domain, but you already know that.

From some quick research mm.com.au last sold for $2,051 on drop.com.au. Clearly it's worth quite a bit more in today's market, so if you were the buyer at that price you did very well.

'M' is a pretty commonly used letter (management, music, media, marketing...etc); and the 'double letter combo' is likely to bump up the price given the memorability from a branding perspective, and rarity from an investment perspective.

I would say high four figures to low five figures, possibly quite a bit more to the right buyer though. I can see this hitting mid even high five figures to an end user. Wholesale would be in the mid-high four figures imho.

Here's some recent-ish sales on the drops in terms of comparables:
ap.com.au - $8,799
db.com.au - $6,280
ec.com.au - $5,789

findtim

Top Contributor
2 letter rarely seen available, 2K was a steal as you just have to imagine M stands for Melbourne !!!
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Gut feeling is $2000-$3000, nice sounding combo. Not sure it has the enduser potential of some of the other comparables. Some of the ll. com.au prices are a lot lower,

Good example....

zr.com.au 1,259 USD 2016. this was also sold in Sept 2015 $1,579 AUD. (probably much the same price)

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Gut feeling is $2000-$3000, nice sounding combo. Not sure it has the enduser potential of some of the other comparables. Some of the ll. com.au prices are a lot lower,

Good example....

zr.com.au 1,259 USD 2016. this was also sold in Sept 2015 $1,579 AUD. (probably much the same price)
Is a 2 letter .com.au with a 'z' in it really a comparable? 'Z' is a lead weight on pricing for 2L and 3L .com.au domains, it drops the price way down.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Is a 2 letter .com.au with a 'z' in it really a comparable? 'Z' is a lead weight on pricing for 2L and 3L .com.au domains, it drops the price way down.

I don't think one is worth $5000-$10000 while the other $1500. There is a definite quality difference but not to that degree.

pacifier

I don't think one is worth $5000-$10000 while the other $1500. There is a definite quality difference but not to that degree.
I'm not trying to argue your point Snoopy and appreciate your feedback but xx.com.au sold for $11,633 on Netfleet last year. Surely there must be some difference in branding opportunity between zr.com.au and mm.com.au. In the .com space mm.com sold for $1.2M. Would you say .com.au is worth 1/1000 of the .com version?

findtim

Top Contributor
i think the days of comparing an exact match .com sale to a .com.au are GONE (mm.com to mm.com.au), its like good quality real estate verses an every day nice home, the graph of $ growth is much stepper for a .com then an au .
mm.com.au is just another domain, only the buyer will know its worth to them
tim

neddy

Top Contributor
I'm not trying to argue your point Snoopy and appreciate your feedback but xx.com.au sold for $11,633 on Netfleet last year. Surely there must be some difference in branding opportunity between zr.com.au and mm.com.au. In the .com space mm.com sold for $1.2M. Would you say .com.au is worth 1/1000 of the .com version?
The market sets the price. What's the best offer you've had? (You don't have to answer that question, but I suspect if you had an offer for $11k, you would have sold?).

To my knowledge, there are two wholesale buyers of 2L domains. Prices they've paid have ranged from high 3 figures to mid 4 figures. Certainly not sheep stations.

Find the right buyer (motivated and affluent ), and you'll be looking at lowish 5 figures. But they are few and far between.

Otherwise, I agree with Demonoid - wholesale would be around mid 4 figures (if the planets are aligned).

Imho.

snoopy

Top Contributor

Of course there is a difference, that is why I think it is worth $2000-$3000 versus the $1500 that zr.com.au sold for.

As far as difference between .com.au and .com, well in this case I'd say $2500/1,200,000 That is 1/500. Still the only time people do these calculations is to try and justify a higher price for the weaker extension. "xxx.com sold for $2million...threfore xxx.com.au must be worth...." Usually it just isn't the case. Yes the .com may well be worth 500 or 1000 times more depending on the name.

Scott7

Top Contributor
Of course there is a difference, that is why I think it is worth $2000-$3000 versus the $1500 that zr.com.au sold for.
As far as difference between .com.au and .com, well in this case I'd say $2500/1,200,000 That is 1/500. Still the only time people do these calculations is to try and justify a higher price for the weaker extension. "xxx.com sold for $2million...threfore xxx.com.au must be worth...." Usually it just isn't the case. Yes the .com may well be worth 500 or 1000 times more depending on the name.
Similarly, a valuation from Snoopy is roughly 1/500 of a valuation made by anyone else.
There are many that would envy a call of 2-3k on their domain, with an explanation thrown in free of charge.
At least you dodged the dreaded $0 with nothing else said. :D

robert

Top Contributor
For an end-user you will definitely receive 5-figures. It's just a matter of time if you can wait.
As Neddy knows, I currently have a buyer who wishes to purchase a two-letter .com.au and is willing to pay $30,000 for it. Seller refuses to sell at this point.
It is a secret still at this point, the name, but I'll let you know if and when we get this done.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
For an end-user you will definitely receive 5-figures. It's just a matter of time if you can wait.
As Neddy knows, I currently have a buyer who wishes to purchase a two-letter .com.au and is willing to pay $30,000 for it. Seller refuses to sell at this point.
It is a secret still at this point, the name, but I'll let you know if and when we get this done.
I can't provide any details either, but some years ago I know that a rather big company desperately wanted to get hold of a 2L .com.au domain. The 2L domain was/is being used by an SME and they had no interest in selling. There were offers and numerous legal threats over the years, but it never went anywhere. 2L domains are in demand and can go for big money, you just won't hear about the sales publicly.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo