What's new

Apple vs iTunesonsale.com.au,

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Apple's notoriously zealous lawyers have targeted an Australian man over his iTunes gift card blog despite it driving revenue to the company.

Brisbane recruitment consultant Rowan Coe's site, iTunesonsale.com.au, tells people where they can buy discounted iTunes gift cards, allowing them to buy music, apps and other content from iTunes at significant discounts.

But just as the site is becoming popular, Apple is seeking to shut it down and has little time for Mr Coe's reasoning that he is simply driving revenue and customers to Apple.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology...n-in-itunes-gift-card-row-20110525-1f3ak.html

No auDRP... but good free press for this guy!

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
I really don't understand this. I mean, iTunes may be trademarked, I get that, but he's driving business for them

James

Top Contributor
I really don't understand this. I mean, iTunes may be trademarked, I get that, but he's driving business for them

use of apple trademark and site with many ads on it making him cash lol, he claims to be innocent and making $0.

But looking at his site for 10 seconds you can see he is making money off CPA and CPC.

DavidL

Top Contributor
That's right he's doing nothing wrong - just got scared by lawyers.

there is nothing inherently wrong with using a TM within a domain name (have I said that before ;) )

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member