1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using LastPass?

Discussion in 'Resources & Success Stories' started by Ash, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Ash

Ash Membership: Trader

I'm a bit hesitant about putting all my eggs in one basket... anyone tried lastpass.com yet?

Recommend it?

Cheers.

2. Terrell

Terrell Membership: VIP

I've used 1Password for several years and have been very pleased with it. It can sync with Dropbox and also run on iPhone & iPad.

I was a little uneasy about all the eggs in one basket at first, but the alternative was to use the same passwords everywhere.

3. Ash

Thanks Terrell, I'll take a look at 1Password too.

4. sp@rky13

sp@rky13 Membership: Community

I've used LastPass very briefly before as well as 1Password. They're both fantastic. Only reason I'm not using either now is that I was using a different program on windows which I now use an alternative that works with that and I haven't been bothered to get it all into LastPass or 1Password. At some stage I will and I do recommend both

5. Ash

Thanks Sp@rky.

6. payattention

payattention Archived Member

Never been a fan of any password management system; I use a unique password for every site and forum by appending the first 4 letters of the domain name to a longer password.

Example being dntrPASSWORD!@#Ee. Makes it super easy to remember my password while having a unique pass at each site. No one could ever guess what the password section of my password is either.

7. Ash

That seems like a pretty good method Jonathan. I have different passwords for every site and it's starting to get out of control.