What's new

androidtabletaustralia.com

akitsodesign

Hey guys!

New to the domain buying and selling thing.

Currently this domain of mine ranks #1 on Google for "android tablet australia" on Google.

Thoughts?

Nick.

James

Top Contributor
"Android" is a global trademark for Google, its probably risky taking this name it is just a matter of time before Google takes it down. You are better targeting this term of a high authority site imo not a exact match domain.

Regards.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
What if the site is selling android tablets ?

Surely it can advertise via the website's address what the site does ??

Toyota lost a court case against a 'lexus site' because the site was actually referring buyers to toyota lexus sales sites/places

xwdomains

Top Contributor
James,

Is aliexpress integrated with opencart or something?

No you would source a supplier on aliexpress and use open cart zend cart cube cart etc whichever you find easier to use

another option would be chinavasion
as they sell tablets and have an affiliate program pays 6% if you didn't want to dropship.

akitsodesign

No you would source a supplier on aliexpress and use open cart zend cart cube cart etc whichever you find easier to use

another option would be chinavasion
as they sell tablets and have an affiliate program pays 6% if you didn't want to dropship.

Cool. I put up a product to sell.. when the Kindle fire is released, I'll include an affiliate link to that too.

But what price will I get for this domain name if I try sell it?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
I don't think it is the best domain to use for that particular market.

Firstly, if its mainly targetted for Australian consumers you want a .com.au. A xxxxaustralia.com is inferior to me, it spells nasty and possibly foreign owned and doesn't instill confidence for the consumer.

Relatively low search volumes. Might be ok for affiliate/dropship site but can't see it as an ecommerce store.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yeah - the com kills it I'm afraid (love saying that!)

In fact, for me it's #2 in Google.com.au - 2nd to a non-exact-match com.au which (without delving deeper) shows how if you're targeting Australia, you're better off with a .au ranking-wise as well as zhenjie's valid public perception points.

akitsodesign

thanks for your feedback everyone, as you can tell I'm pretty new to domain valuations! I am creating a bunch of niche websites (portfolio of 5 or 6 right now) for affiliate marketing and I just wanted to see what would come out of this post. If you have any tips, just let me know :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member