What's new

An Interview with an EX-Member of Matt Cutts’s Search Quality team!

findtim

Top Contributor
Great work on the article James. I enjoyed the read thoroughly.

This is one of the main reasons I totally backed out of the SEO industry a few years ago. The industry is full of jealous people caught up in their own childish self importance.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great people in the industry, but to be honest it is just far too easy to read a couple of articles and become another SEO know it all. [/rant]

i agree with dave and to add to it the "unrealised expectations" of SEO, people want the mercedes for the toyota price. Crazy things like
" i want to rank number one for the search ... home loans !!!! " and have no budget.

tim

James

Top Contributor
Any follow up on just how much traffic this brought you?

Hard to tell because when the Search Engine Land article launched and email went out, sever went down, wish I had it on a better sever running for that site, as I have a few...was very annoying. I have had an article on SE Land news letter before and it can easily get huge traffic in the range of 2,000+ just from the email link.

I can tell you this but in the last 24~ hours around 5,000+ unique visitors to the article.

Around 54+ unique domains linked to the article, all different languages translated it too which was cool.

Around 220+ Tweets but that is just tweets direct, 100's more with no mention of my account.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member