1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Abbreviations hurt?

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by sandie, Jan 27, 2009.

1. sandie

sandie Membership: Community

Hi all,

I’m new to all this so please be kind :)
    Haven’t really thought about domaining as such but have purchased a few domains in support of my online activities and just wondering what peoples thoughts are on using abbreviations in domain names, does it hurt the value?

One example that comes to mind is “photog” in place of photographer. Watching CNN the other night and for the whole story the photographer was referred to as the photog. I found it bizarre.

kylie

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

i saw a car with propvid.tv on the side , i ended up saying hello and said i had realestatesearch.tv , i guess i am biased but i liked mine better even if longer , i have never heard to term you are using as an example , so to me i would not reg it

but i had never heard of google either

slightly off topic i am maybe going to set up a fun blog called worldne.ws (domain hack name)

interesting topic though