What's new

A record ?

geodomains

Top Contributor
I just paid and signed up with Godaddy for 12 months hosting for wordpress site cost $12 on special.

But NS to update is A record which I know how to do, but problem is the domain is at NF

I changed the NS at NF to the one I was given by GD, will this work? Or do I need to transfer to registrar that allows A record updates?

Don

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Wait and see it the site resolves, i did my first a-record change at godaddy last week to redirect a name elsewhere, all worked fine, surely if you request this change at Nf they will do it for you?

findtim

Top Contributor
you will need to give it some time, sometimes its 4 minutes !!!! sometimes its 48 hours !!!

also i have found it depends on the browser you are using, the cache, the ISP, so i never regard it as an instant thing.

i don't know why you are doing A records, it should just be DNS

i have domains at NF that have my own DNS so i can't see a problem, i think you are just confusing yourself with A records, get back to bascis

tim

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hey Tim & Rod,
Bloody Godaddy is the problem, paid for the hosting and then get told to update A records, go figure.

Most hosting is NS to update, I've got a feeling I'll have to move the domain away from NF as they don't have the facility to update A records.

I did put the A record IP address into where NS are suppose to go and it did except it, just not sure if it will work.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Don

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
How did it go? Because if you have to deal with godaddy support you are in for a nightmare, they have gone from one of the best to one of the worst in this area, many complaints/inquiries are given a generic reply with a link to some blog article that has nothing to do with the problem. i recently had a problem and was asked to supply a copy of my drivers license and other details on a faxed form .wtf

CityEnd

Hi Don,

I don't think what you have done will work. Placing the IP address of the web server(godaddy) in place of the NS record will not work. You will need to see if godaddy have a DNS management service with the hosting you just signed up to and use those NS in NF.

You don't need to transfer the domain name to another registrar, just need to point the NS record to someone who can manage your DNS records.

The reason why hosting providers only suggest A record and not turning the whole NS to them is that their could be existing DNS records for emails, remote servers, etc... which will be broken if the NS is switched across.

cheers.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Hey Tim & Rod,
Bloody Godaddy is the problem, paid for the hosting and then get told to update A records, go figure.

Most hosting is NS to update, I've got a feeling I'll have to move the domain away from NF as they don't have the facility to update A records.

I did put the A record IP address into where NS are suppose to go and it did except it, just not sure if it will work.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Don

Did you update the a record in godaddy?

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/680/managing-dns-for-your-domain-names?countrysite=au

netfleet doesn't allow you to change a records?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member