What's new

$700 down the plug hole

robert

Top Contributor
Well, thanks again for all the advice guys. It's been a great first 8 weeks for me as a newbie Domain Broker. Lots to learn!

I have officially dropped 14 domain names from my portfolio. They will be purged from my portfolio over the weekend, I'm told. I'm guessing I've just flushed at least $700 down the plug hole! Could be a few hundred more... I'm too scared to actually count it up.

Live and learn. A valuable lesson, but it all makes sense now really.

Next week I've got my clean catalogue of domain names and look forward to taking domain broking to the next level. I'm working with some really great clients at the moment and can't wait to impress them over the coming months with some fantastic results.

Other than this great site, I really think someone needs to create an independent Australian Domainers Association.. I think Neddy owns Domainer.com.au . . . Come on Neddy! haha.

See you guys out there!

Robert :D

Domain Broker Australia

zhenjie

Top Contributor
I'm sure most experience domainers here will say..... "Only $700?"

It's all a learning game as with any investment!

James

Top Contributor
$700 is a tough lesson, but it is good that you are taking on advice from the forum as people here want to save you money =) I let around 10 domains expire in the last month just due to mistakes on registration (.net.au or low quality .com.au) after buying via drops and kept them for 4 years.

My advice is to focus on quality and do your research before buying =)

Lucky I have some other good domains which made up for the mistakes.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
$700 is easy to earn back. At least you didn't go too crazy and then get into denial.

Search the forum for shags38's early posts and you'll see what I mean.

(sorry Mike :))

I'm sure most experience domainers here will say..... "Only $700?"

It's all a learning game as with any investment!

zhenjie is right, only $700! Ask most old time domainers and they will tell you of the thousands they have 'flushed' :)

The benefit of DnTrade is that everyone can share, and hopefully help the newbies avoid the pitfalls that the 'old timers' experienced

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Once you have lost some cash you tend to take it more seriously, it's all of the learning curve. Basically if you have not lost a little on the way you're not a real domainer it seems

snoopy

Top Contributor
$700 is a good result, usually it is 4 figures+.

Regarding dropping domains, I think for those registering names if they aren't dropping most after the first cycle they are probably on the wrong path in my view.

robert

Top Contributor
Thanks for the positive comments guys.
Bacon Farmer - It wouldn't be $300 via Ziphosting because I had to bid on auctions for a lot of them - and especially on a site like Netfleet - you're looking at $61 just to have a crack.
Snoopy - Don't worry, I'm sure it just made 4 figures anyway. I was trying to be conservative on my damages. Maybe I have just made that special "4-figure newbie mistake club" after all?

robert

Top Contributor
aaaaaaaaand......

right now 6 out of the TOP 10 PREMIUM DOMAINS on Netfleet are my dropped domains...

I will always miss applestoreperth.com.au. I love you applestoreperth.com.au - maybe we'll meet again in our next lives?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo