What's new

$6.50 inc GST .com.au promotion 1 year only registration

DomainNames

Top Contributor

"1st Year Discount On Australian ccTLDs This Month

Please note that during the month of July we will be running a promotion that will see the cost of all new .AU domain name registrations temporarily reduced.

Effective immediately, the first-year registration cost of all Australian ccTLDs has been reduced to $6.50AUD (inc GST).

All .AU domain name registrations processed before 11:59pm (AEST) on July 31, 2018 will be eligible for the above discount.

For example, registering a .COM.AU domain name for 5 years during the promotional period will include the first year at the promotional price of $6.50AUD whilst the additional 4 years will be billed at the regular price of $9.50AUD per year.

Please note that this promotion will end at 11:59pm (AEST) on July 31, 2018, at which time the first-year registration cost will return to $9.50AUD (inc GST).

Kind Regards,

Synergy Wholesale
Phone: (03) 8399 9483
Email: customercare@synergywholesale.com
Support Centre: Login to Synergy Wholesale

© 2018 Synergy Wholesale Pty Ltd

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I recommend the 1 year only registration as it is highly likely there will be more .au promotions coming.... Otherwise where is all the marketing money going?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
lets not kick synergy in the head, geez they actually BLATANTLY stated the terms
+1 for transparency
tim

Tim you misunderstood the post it was to promote Synergy

auDA and the auDA Foundation may not even be around in a year or 5 years so .au Domain name Consumers should be careful prepaying for long term pricing which WILL change.

I would be very confident and EOI will see something else of more benefit for Supply and Demand now than what auDA current management and Board has put forward.

As for transparency since we have you time reading and posting;

1. Is it true Afilias is charging $0 wholesale fee for July? This is the reason why some Registrars can pass on the saving and lower price for July to Consumers but most are keeping this secret and so is auDA?

2. What is the auDA Fee now?

3. What is the auDA Foundation Fee now?

https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/our-org/constitution/
3.2 Activities
Without reducing the effect of clause 4, auDA will see to achieve its principal purposes as set out in clause 3.1 through:
b. establishing mechanisms to ensure it is responsive and accountable to the supply and demand sides of the Australian Internet Community;
c. the promotion of competition in the provision of domain name services;
d. the promotion of fair trading;
e. the promotion of consumer protection;
f. adopting open and transparent procedures which are inclusive of all parties having an interest in use of the domain name system in Australia;
g. ensuring its operations produce timely outputs which are relevant to the needs of the Australian Internet Community.
(Amended by Special Resolution, 14 August 2006)​
______
www.Grumpier.com.au VOTE YES at the SGM.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
lets not kick synergy in the head, geez they actually BLATANTLY stated the terms
+1 for transparency
tim

upload_2018-7-4_1-5-32.png
https://ventraip.com.au/faq/article/how-long-can-i-register-a-domain-name-for/

Don't get me wrong but Is this misleading, correct me if I'm wrong; auDA changed this policy, not because Afilias became the manager of the registry but because, widespread opinion concluded the change should be made. it insinuates that it wasn't possible with AusRegistry but now it is with Afilias.

findtim

Top Contributor
Tim you misunderstood
i obviously did, in that light i suppose its more like a home loan ! what will the interest rate be in 4 years time?
-----------
i don't know the exact fact but my sister got a home loan in @ 1980 at a fixed rate of 5% FOREVER ! , at the time they said she was crazy but my dad ( a real estate agent) said go for it, so o when interest rates on home loans went to @ 18%+ in 1998 my sister was still paying 5%.
its just the nature of the beast
----------------------
as for you questions, i'd hope that becomes more transparent in the new realm of afilias but having said that i am also of the opinion that what would you expect the answer to be if you asked coles how much they pay for bananas ?

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
i obviously did, in that light i suppose its more like a home loan ! what will the interest rate be in 4 years time?
-----------
i don't know the exact fact but my sister got a home loan in @ 1980 at a fixed rate of 5% FOREVER ! , at the time they said she was crazy but my dad ( a real estate agent) said go for it, so o when interest rates on home loans went to @ 18%+ in 1998 my sister was still paying 5%.
----------------------
as for you questions, i'd hope that becomes more transparent in the new realm of afilias but having said that i am also of the opinion that what would you expect the answer to be if you asked coles how much they pay for bananas ?

tim

As for transparency since we have you time reading and posting;

1. Is it true Afilias is charging $0 wholesale fee for July? This is the reason why some Registrars can pass on the saving and lower price for July to Consumers but most are keeping this secret and so is auDA?

2. What is the auDA Fee now?

3. What is the auDA Foundation Fee now?

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Private investors own Coles, auDA on the other hand is a public asset and the public (share holders) are entitled to know.

Oh I forgot, auDA is entitled to profiteer for the benefit of it's controllers.

snoopy

Top Contributor
tim

It is a membership organisation, supposed to be run in the public interest. This is not Coles.

If auDA isn't going to publish a breakdown of wholesale costs (which was the prior practice) then clearly transparency is getting worse. The reason why they won't publish it is because it is because auDA's share is now embarrassingly high, it is most of the cost of a registration.

The registry makes $3 per year, everything else is auDA.

snoopy

Top Contributor
btw: Synergy wholesale just published a breakdown.

$6.50 <--mostly auDA's share and what you'll pay in July
$9.50 <--mostly auDA's share + Afilias's $3 and what you'll pay after July.

$9.50 - $6.50 = $3

snoopy

Top Contributor
please correct your statement, its auda/registry/registrar =

not "everything else........"

tim

Excuse me but the registry is $3 as stated. The $6.50 is auDA aside from the pittance the registrar would make.

auDA is now taking the vast majority of the pie in exchange for doing very little. It is one giant tax on business stockpiled into one giant bank account.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
-----------
----------------------

tim

What are you, auDA Management and the auDA Board hiding?

auDA has always before current management disclosed the wholesale breakdown of the Registry and auDA Fee's.

ICANN even discloses their 18 cent fee!

current management and Board at auDA is hiding the rip off.. yet again

Tim I thought you better than this...making excuses and not being accountable or transparent will not help auDA or yourself.

Did you approve the $170,000+ expenses Director fees? Do you know how much the CIRA Directors get? CIRA Directors also run the .CA Wholesale Registry with added legal obligations etc.. Thus they should be paid more than auDA.

How much is the auDA "not for profit" CEO Cameron Boardman being paid?
What is his "performance bonus" ?

https://cira.ca/board-compensation
Chair
Annual Retainer: $20,000
Fee per meeting (Board/Committee): $700/$300

Vice-chair/committee chairs/corporate secretary
Annual Retainer: $12,000***

Director
Annual Retainer: $10,000

***In the event that a board member is the chair of two or more committees or holds the position of vice-chair or corporate secretary and also is the chair of one or more committees then the annual retainer will be $14,000. There is no additional retainer for the chair in the event that the chair also is the chair of one or more committees.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members