What's new

40.com.au - Price Heavily Reduced for Immediate Sale!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Update: Since I start this thread I've had *Zero* interest, consisting of 0 pm's, no phone calls and no black Mercedes pulling up outside my house.

I think I've spent more on holding costs since 2002 than what would be received from selling this pumpernickel at the current price.

Another massive price drop today.

findtim

Top Contributor
why don't you donate it to worldvision so they can use it for their 40 hour famine, make it a tax rightoff for the $$ yu want and sit back and feel good everytime you see the website advertised on tv?

OR, find out what advertising company does all the ads and ring them up and pitch it to them?

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
One offer so far $350 inc GST + COR

Another price drop

$499 + COR (includes GST, tax invoice will be issued to claim back)

MUST BE SOLD

snoopy

Top Contributor
No offense but this is hardly a compelling sales pitch!

David, I'm stating it as it is.

Should I make up some crap about a whole lot of interest when there isn't?

One offer so far, $350, and it is the highest offer in 10 years.

DavidL

Top Contributor
David, I'm stating it as it is.

Should I make up some crap about a whole lot of interest when there isn't?

One offer so far, $350, and it is the highest offer in 10 years.

No of course you shouldn't make stuff up. However going to lengths to suggest that the domain you're trying to sell is anything but sought-after is a bit strange. It's like the opposite of a rug sale :)

It's seems that you are prepared to lose real hard cash to try and prove a point - that .au domains haven't been a great investment for you. Is that right?

If you really want to prove a point, sell all your remaining domains to me for cheap!

snoopy

Top Contributor
No of course you shouldn't make stuff up. However going to lengths to suggest that the domain you're trying to sell is anything but sought-after is a bit strange. It's like the opposite of a rug sale :)

It's seems that you are prepared to lose real hard cash to try and prove a point - that .au domains haven't been a great investment for you. Is that right?

If you really want to prove a point, sell all your remaining domains to me for cheap!

David, the name had not had one bit of interest until I posted that up, after that post it got an offer of $350, the best offer for it in 10 years.

So the method was far more effective than the usual "This is a great name, give me your offer, I've got lots of interest". Frankly the name cannot be sold like that, it has 10 years or that, with the best offer being $300.

Instead I'm saying the name must be sold, I'll consider any offer at all, not concerned with what people think it should be worth, that is the only way to actually get a sale in my view. It is a firesale, this is the $2 shop.

People can say something is cheap all that want, but those people will not buy. Smut.com.au was a similar situation, people claiming is was too cheap but not prepared to act.

Billy01

Top Contributor
People/Admin

You can't have 2 sets of standards. I thought policy was you can't comment in sales threads. Snoopy thread of not. What are the rules?? Doesn't look good for those sorts of LURKERS

DavidL

Top Contributor
You can't have 2 sets of standards. I thought policy was you can't comment in sales threads. Snoopy thread of not. What are the rules?? Doesn't look good for those sorts of LURKERS

People were trying to be helpful to snoopy - myself included. Snoopy responded with questions to which I responded. I don't think he took exception.

Billy01

Top Contributor
I'm not saying anything

It just would look to the outsider that there could be 2 sets of rules. We all know Snoopy needs NO help from anyone to sell a domain. :rolleyes:

snoopy

Top Contributor
People were trying to be helpful to snoopy - myself included. Snoopy responded with questions to which I responded. I don't think he took exception.

I think you didn't like the way the name was being sold, that is what it comes down to. But no, it doesn't bother me much.

The only way to sell in my view is via firesale methods for names like this. You can have a fairly good quality term from ten years ago and at the end of the day it is borderline unsellable, at least unsellable in a way that would cover holding costs.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think you didn't like the way the name was being sold, that is what it comes down to. But no, it doesn't bother me much.

It's not that I didn't like the way you were selling it - rather I didn't understand (and still don't) and thought you were making a mistake this way.

I've always learnt that when selling anything (whether the product is good bad or ugly), you should stress the good points rather than the bad and also consider the GIFTS concepts:

G-Greed. "This domain is a great chance to develop a leading brand a make millions!"

I-Indifference. "I'm not fussed about selling it... someone will buy it eventually as it's too good a domain"

F-Fear of Loss. "If you don't grab it now, someone else will as I've had multiple offers and it may never be available again"

T-Tone of Voice. "Wow - what a FANTASTIC domain..."

S-Sheep factor. "Buy this domain and be one of the many who are making gazillions in domaining in Australia"

Sorry - thread really has deviated off-topic, now :)

Anyway I glad you weren't bothered by the interlude on your sales thread - I'm sure it can't have any impact on the result.

snoopy

Top Contributor
It's not that I didn't like the way you were selling it - rather I didn'

G-Greed. "This domain is a great chance to develop a leading brand a make millions!"

I-Indifference. "I'm not fussed about selling it... someone will buy it eventually as it's too good a domain"

F-Fear of Loss. "If you don't grab it now, someone else will as I've had multiple offers and it may never be available again"

T-Tone of Voice. "Wow - what a FANTASTIC domain..."

S-Sheep factor. "Buy this domain and be one of the many who are making gazillions in domaining in Australia"

David,

The above is all BS though which will not work for a name like this, especially when selling to resellers.

After 10 years of your method (acting coy, telling people how great it is, acting like it is a Tiffany) it has had a best offer of $300. In other words people don't buy it and the the people who have made offers are all probably domainers anyway.

A couple of weeks of fire sale method the best offer is $350.

What would you rather buy as an investment, a ring from Tiffany or a ring from some guy on eBay? Do you ever go into K-mart and wonder they don't have marble on the floor? They don't seem to be following your G-I-F-T-S method.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Snoopy.. you've gone off on one again. You did not use 'my method' for 10 years. You just listed it on NF and forgot about it, did zero marketing (please correct me if I'm wrong though) and probably didn't even bother responding to the 3 offers you had.

That's as far from what i described as it's possible to be isn't it?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member