What's new

37.com.au sells for $2

neddy

Top Contributor
Snoopy, to me it is fantastic to brainstorm ideas to sell to endusers. I'm saying this with my salesman's hat on. The more potential prospects that one can approach, the better imho.

(Perhaps I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that you once posted that you didn't have much joy or success in selling to endusers in our market?).

I thought Max's idea was terrific - and something that I hadn't thought of before. If someone has gone to the expense of investing in a numerical number plate, then why assume that they wouldn't be interested in the domain name? To me, they are a hot prospect (that is if you can find out who they are).

But you'll never know unless you try ..........:)

snoopy

Top Contributor
I thought Max's idea was terrific - and something that I hadn't thought of before. If someone has gone to the expense of investing in a numerical number plate, then why assume that they wouldn't be interested in the domain name? To me, they are a hot prospect (that is if you can find out who they are).

But you'll never know unless you try ..........:)

People can try whatever they like, what I'm saying is that I have never heard of any sales like that, and the similarity between numeric domain and number plates has been talked about many times before.

I can see the logic in comparing numeric domains with number plates, but I think the buyers for each are very different, which is why sales have not happened in the past to numberplate owners.

Lucas

Top Contributor
I can see the logic in comparing numeric domains with number plates, but I think the buyers for each are very different, which is why sales have not happened in the past to numberplate owners.

I tend to agree that the type of buyers are very different. I think if you could officially approach them with your best sales pitch some number plate holders might be interested in getting the corresponding NN domain name. But I think it is all academic as I fail to see how you would find out who owns the plates in each state, in this case 37. To bad there is not a number plate whois...

But if I see someone driving round Adelaide with the '37' plates I will, if possible, mention it to them. I bet they look at me like I am a madman!

Max

Top Contributor
$14.3M License Plate: Auction Sets World Record

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/FunMoney/story?id=4301197&page=1

http://www.numberplates.com/fun/most-expensive-plates.asp

Businessman Suen Siu-man buys a car number plate for $1m in HK
Updated: 22 Feb 2011

http://www.whatsonsanya.com/news-15...man-buys-a-car-number-plate-for-1m-in-hk.html

It's not out of the realms of possibility to sell 37.com.au to an owner of a State number plate 37 there are six states all have a number plate "37" plus two territories so you have a potential market ..

As for locating the owners .. thats a tough one because of privacy butt! private non gov parking companies get that information all the time in order to send out non official parking fines (threats) ..

Another way is to contact one of the number plate re-sale sites or auction houses and offer them a commission to sell your domain to a plate holder .. they also know who owns every valuable number plate in Australia .. you could also advertise in the Sydney Morning Herald and or Melbourne Age on a Saturday as there are at least two pages of number plate ads .. that will cost a little more than $2 ..

I do think that it can be done especially in light of the fact that there is only one 37.com.au not 8 as in plates ..

Its just an idea that has not been tried before to my knowledge maybe it wont work out but it's worth a shot there might be a whole market out there that we dont know about ..

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members