What's new

25 Years of .AU - Really?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Given the media coverage, I thought I'd provide a brief history lesson:

http://www.simonjohnson.co/news/australian-internet-history/

Feel free to leave a comment on the blog. :)

Does anyone think Auda's advertisements are nothing less than false advertising and a waste of money? People cant buy domain names from AUDA so whats the use of their advertisements? What end user besides a handful even cares who they are.. everyone must buy from a registrar (or ausregistry)

Could ausregistry do auda's job... could some other orgranisation apply to do it? is there too many cost eating layers in the .au system?

Funny the advertising has started same time the independant review of AUDA is taking place?

what real value is this advertising to anyone? Is it a feel good advertisement to show how long the industry has faced red tape for and how slowly it has grown in 25 years? 2 million domain names registered in 25 years is not impressive

this really bugs a lot of people Auda is running these very expensive ads in all major papers

Is it time the tender for management of the .au space was done? Maybe some other parties could offer some fresh new ideas for the .au management? How long does Auda have the contract to "run" it for? Could someone else do it better, cheaper and with less red tape etc?

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor
Personally I think when an extension in ingrained like .com.au any advertising is waste of money. It is like promoting the benefits of a 240 volt electricity system.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member