What's new

2012 auDA Election Results

chris

Top Contributor
I don't have the official news from auDA yet (I will update this when confirmed), but here's what I've been told are the results of todays election.

Supply
  • Erhan Karabardak - 13 votes
  • Joe Manariti - 7 votes
  • James Deck - 6 votes
  • Dwayne Varey - 3 votes

Demand
  • Stuart Benjamin - 56 votes
  • Cheryl Langdon-0rr - 36 votes
  • David Cake - 18 votes

Please join me in congratulating those elected.

Cheers,
Chris

DomainNames

Top Contributor
awesome news, great to see some board members at the meeting and voting.

Hope more people join auda and get involved... More work still needs doing!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support everyone from the forum and industry has given me. It has been a long road, 3 years in the making....

While there are a lot of people who gave me support and encouragement, I wanted to give a special thanks to Chris and Ned. Thanks for your support over the years!

It is an honour to have been elected!

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support everyone from the forum and industry has given me. It has been a long road, 3 years in the making....

While there are a lot of people who gave me support and encouragement, I wanted to give a special thanks to Chris and Ned. Thanks for your support over the years!

It is an honour to have been elected!

Congratulations Erhan and Stuart, whats the plan from here now you are in? Anything you can share you will be raising for discussion and possible change?

Would be great to see more members of this forum attend the next meeting as todays meeting had very few questions raised or fully answered when raised to the board.

What came out of it I remember was

1. Definately no .au extension coming. Totally No chance at the moment or next few years

2. 1,2,5,10 year domain name registration extensions possibly for 2014

3. Domain registrant transfer to use existing period instead of new renewal to be relooked at legally if it would be possible. ( so you dont need to pay for a new registration you use the exisitng period of time left on the name)

4. Auda won't make any official press release about their website being hacked as nothing / no sensitive data was apparently taken anyway

5. Westlake report has not been acted upon fully and no time lines given when it will be

6. More people invited to join names Policy panel

7. Talk of the board being too large or how the Board numbers stack up, demand - supply - Independants etc.

anything else missed or worthy of you saying you will be raising at your earliest chance?

If you want to get involved people join auda and make your voice heard http://www.auda.org.au/membership/membership-overview/

I have lots of ideas myself, and am always keen to listen to everyone else's ideas

It is really important that people from this forum get actively involved in auDA, the Policy Panels give you a great opportunity to influence policy. I believe there is another panel next year. If you dont have the time for that, you should at least fill out the questionnaires that are released by the panels. Having been on a number of panels, the great thing is that they actually read and consider all responses!

We all have the interests of .au at heart but to get things done we need all stake holders actively participating.

neddy

Top Contributor
Congratulations again Erhan and Stuart. It's great to have you on the Board.

I totally echo Erhan's comments about getting involved with auDA in whatever way you can. If any part of your income comes from Aussie domain names, then you need to contribute imho.

I've been involved in a Working Group (which got rid of the 6 month rule); and the current Advisory Panel. It really is worthwhile.

The AGM yesterday was quite a quick affair - unfortunately it seemed as if the CEO was irked by questions. But maybe I read him wrong.

Good to meet some fellow members - including the mysterious and elusive DomainNames! :)

Let's get at least another two members on the Board next year!

geodomains

Top Contributor
Congrats to Erhan and Stuart, nice to see my vote counted for you both. :D

I do believe times are changing for for us all.

Don

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member