What's new

$14.98 .com.au for 2 years ( $7.49 per year)

DomainNames

Top Contributor
https://www.crazydomains.com.au/dom...nsion/au-domain-registration/?promo=AUSYD2017
I can't see any expiry date
Price is AUD
Price should include GST.

auDA and Ausregistry / Neustar Inc need to be more globally competitive and innovative and drop their wholesale pricing to compete against the now 3000 global extensions available. Some are just .99 cents.

Australian consumers both registrants and registrars/ resellers have been ripped off for too long with wholesale name overpricing. That what happens whern auDA refuses to go to tender for the wholesale monopoly Registry and we have a 100% foreign owned company profiting from this lack of competition!

Be careful but .. Crazy Domains often use these promos as what I consider Bait Advertising then change the price without notice if you try bulk search / bulk registrations, or when they have their technical faults etc.

They have been on the auDA radar for a long time as a google search will show you https://www.auda.org.au/news/breach-of-registrar-agreement-by-crazy-domains/

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Looks like they read this forum...They just put the price up! Be warned.. I have been burnt by them before with these tactics.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Lucky I took a screen shot. Another one for auDA to look at.

Attachments

• $7.49 .com.au 2 years Crazy Domains.pdf
    189.1 KB · Views: 9

Christopher

Top Contributor
Lucky I took a screen shot. Another one for auDA to look at.
Most likely the price was their yearly price, as most get stung at checkout realising .au is a 2 year registration. But it would make sense for them to have a snitch in every domain forum out there, in order to remain competitive.

findtim

Top Contributor
passing on deals like black monday is good, but as always its up to you to decide if the deal is right for you.
just like we have favourite wp plugins do we have a "deals thread ?

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
zuver seems consistant at $22 for 2yrs.
crazyD often gives me discounts from that price only seen inside my account, there one day gone the next, plus they use to do a renewal discount if you paid early on whatever was the first available you can renew was and only gave 7 days to decide. they'd send an email for the domain available for discount.
so i just wait for a discount to appear and renew my domains, it almost always happens.
i'm not sure if they do it anymore but i'm a vip member, given to me when i had more domains, they had different levels , there is also executive member.
My reseller account gets nothing ! but you need your clients to have their own cpanel to log into and the account is/was $100 to get.

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Crazy Domains often advertise $10aud and $15 aud .com.au (FOR 2 YEARS not 1 year and including GST). They did it at Christmas and Australia Day ( for a few days).

They have confirmed to me today via email they can do .com.au names at $15 aud for 2 years.

They often claim technical glitch etc but I think they know exactly what they are doing as their emails have shown me. "Bait Advertising" seems to be the tactic.

auDA Industry complaints person have been informed and sent details. Let's see if they do anything but I've heard they are tried up these days on lots of other things. If auDA is struggling with their workload may I suggest auDA could use the $10 million++ they have in the bank to add some more staff or part timers, interns etc.?

findtim

Top Contributor
what they are doing as their emails have shown me
did you get an email about the $7.49 because i didn't, nor did helena or my brother i was speaking to today.
but anyway, i don't think its "bait" advertising as you have shown us that they indeed have the $7.49 there for you to register, there's nothing to say how long it has to last although i'd say most emails would have a call to action of TODAY ONLY, like australia day, i also saw today on another forum a lot of people knew about the xmas promo.

what i did get today was a followup phone call from them for a support phone call to them i made on friday, they wanted to make sure it was sorted to my happiness, which it was on friday, turned out to be my banks error.

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
did you get an email about the $7.49 because i didn't, nor did helena or my brother i was speaking to today.
but anyway, i don't think its "bait" advertising as you have shown us that they indeed have the $7.49 there for you to register, there's nothing to say how long it has to last although i'd say most emails would have a call to action of TODAY ONLY, like australia day, i also saw today on another forum a lot of people knew about the xmas promo.

what i did get today was a followup phone call from them for a support phone call to them i made on friday, they wanted to make sure it was sorted to my happiness, which it was on friday, turned out to be my banks error.

tim

Many emails... Just one as an example.

"Thank you for your time earlier. I have spoken to my Supervisor about you getting $10/.au domain (2 years) for your domain registration. We are able to give you the same price considering that it is a bulk registration. However, we need to do it manually as the price on the website has already been reverted to the original price.

Kindly send me the list of domains and I will help you with the registration for $10/.au domain"

findtim

Top Contributor
i was asking about the original offer.
that response is amazing, they are losing money and if you stay it will take them almost 10 years to break even from the original discount !!!
crazy

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads