What's new

1,2,3,4 or 5 year registration outcome Policy change

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Josh or Paul Levins do you know when this will be changed in Policy?

Can you ask auDA to make an announcement please? Registrars also need some time to make the technical change or have they already been given the timeline?

The following recommendations were noted, pending further information from auDA staff regarding implementation issues:

•That registrants should be able to license a domain name for a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 year period.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think "The following recommendations were noted, pending further information from auDA staff regarding implementation issues" means "No"

Was the same with release of single character domains.

In fact, of the disappointingly few recommendations that this 9-month, one-every-three years, very expensive panel made, only one is actually happening - the id.au relaxation.

snoopy

Top Contributor
In fact, of the disappointingly few recommendations that this 9-month, one-every-three years, very expensive panel made, only one is actually happening - the id.au relaxation.

:lol Talk about bureaucrats, the one thing moved on is one that nobody on planet earth could possibly care about. It is a bizarre world when a panel needs to be appointed to discuss topics such as whether someone should be able to register a domain for 5 years.

DavidL

Top Contributor
It is a bizarre world when a panel needs to be appointed to discuss topics such as whether someone should be able to register a domain for 5 years.

It's a bizarre world when after 9 months of deliberation, the panel decides that yes, people should be able to do so, but then the auDA board seemingly block it anyway.

I mean what's the point? auDA set up the panel, set the topics to consider which are duly discussed then ignore the recommendations.

Same with the single character domain release....

Like the government ignoring most of the Henry Tax Review I guess.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member