What's new

Zip Hosting/Hostess Deal

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know that our friends at Zip Hosting aka Hostess are doing a killer deal starting tomorrow, with .au domain registration costing $10 for two years.

http://www.ziphosting.com.au/

Might be worth a punt for a few of those undecided domains!

Cheers
Mark

Ash

Top Contributor
Damn credit card only payments. Good deal though!

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
Woohoo
Although I wish Netregistry would give better wholesale prices to their longtime and formerly loyal (+5 years) Legacy Planetdomain resellers.
My Supposed w'sale price is 33$. NetResult 70+ of my own Aussie Names Transferred / Renewed / Registered at your competitors.

Last edited:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
What's stopping people from registering for $10 then transferring to another domain registrar?

WG2010

Archived Member
Nothing but try to think of it as a loss leader. They lose a little on the front end but then some customers buy hosting etc which brings monthly revenue.

Speaking of that, I wonder what how long people stay with the same host and the life time value of someone who signs up for a hosting plan.

AndyC

I thought $5 per year would be below their wholesale cost! Must be a catch!? Great deal if it is accurate! I understand they are bound by auDA rules as far as having to allow transfers away to another registrar.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Domain Manager
$10.00/yr
URL redirection
Modify MX records & A-records
Create & administer subdomains
Email forwarding

DavidL

Top Contributor
What's stopping people from registering for $10 then transferring to another domain registrar?

Nothing but why move them? Personally my feeling is that if they offer that kind of deal they kinda deserve your permanent business rather than just taking advantage. If everybody grabbed domains then moved they are unlikely to repeat in the future I would think.

Is there any catch?

think limited to 5 domains per person...

jam

Top Contributor
Terms & Conditions: Minimum 2 year registrations apply to .com.au, .net.au, .org.au, .asn.au, .id.au domain names. Not available with any other offers. Offer applies to new .au domain registrations only, domain renewals not eligible for this discount. This offer is limited to 5 .au domain registrations per customer or account. This domain sale runs from 9am 25/01/11 to 5pm 27/01/11 (AEDT).

Still good to grab 5 cheap domains...

djuqa

Top Contributor
Nothing but why move them? If everybody grabbed domains then moved they are unlikely to repeat in the future I would think.
Sort of like how I feel when NetRegistry offers $20 (regular) or $10 (aussie Day deal) .au Retail Registrations. But refuses to support their long time resellers, who have had to shift to a different registrar to get renewals and new Registrations at current market prices. Nothing I would better than to stick with Netregistry, but my loyalty rapidly dissipates when retail prices are WAY below reseller prices.

Last edited:

Shane

Top Contributor
So I'm guessing there will be plenty of domains dropping around this time (+ 30 day grace period) in 2013? ;)

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Speaking of that, I wonder what how long people stay with the same host and the life time value of someone who signs up for a hosting plan.

I'd imagine fairly good. From my experience businesses who aren't tech savvy are happy to renew every year or two to keep their website and email online. It's just seen as another expense.

I find it's usually the web developer who makes the call to move. Having said that, there are always people who love a bargain.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
I guess no one really noticed that you don't get domain management unless you pay an additional $10 per year?

lmb

Sort of like how I feel when NetRegistry offers $20 (regular) or $10 (aussie Day deal) .au Retail Registrations. But refuses to support their long time resellers, who have had to shift to a different registrar to get renewals and new Registrations at current market prices. Nothing I would better than to stick with Netregistry, but my loyalty rapidly dissipates when retail prices are WAY below reseller prices.

djuqa, we did recently drop all our retail and wholesale prices and commit to ensuring we never sell retail below wholesale. That's in Netregistry. PlanetDomain will have a pricing review shortly as well as part of a planned combining of al our reseller and partner assets into a single partner business - that would include TPP, Netreg resellers and PD resellers.

We have been working behind the scenes on an enhanced partner service - I know it's been somewhat lacking in certain aspects - this will change for the better.

djuqa

Top Contributor
Good news, Mr Bloch
Thanks
Than I won't to have to buy/renew my aussie names at distributeit
Despite having 3 PD reseller sites and 1 netregistry Reseller account.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member