What's new

yp delve into ego bait

Shane

Top Contributor
I read the very same article on SmartCompany last month (http://www.smartcompany.com.au/lead...-seven-entrepreneurs-share-their-secrets.html)

What annoyed me about the article is the title - "How I made my first million".

The article is all about revenue though, not how much they actually made for themselves.

My business has brought in revenue of more than $1 million, but I am nowhere near saying that I've "made my first million"!

As you said though, it's just click bait...

helloworld

Top Contributor
Yeah exactly a million dollar turn over isn't a million in the bank.... thought that'd be nice

Thought it was interesting more from a the SEO perspective on what they're doing.

James

Top Contributor
Its not even a good EGO bait piece to be honest, they didn't link to the users sites or they didn't even include an image. What is with the lotto balls background too they are "self made" right.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
If you are like most people you'll throw the new edition straight into the recycle bin
......ah there's a success story, recycling ...... we give them all the stock they need every week

findtim

Top Contributor
as james said
but I am nowhere near saying that I've "made my first million"!
what you want is an article where someones says " i have 1 million bucks IN MY BANK"

in 2004 i calculated one of my websites made much more then 1 million dollars FOR my CLIENTS, but i banked 30K , its all spin and newbies should be careful of getting rapped up in this kind of press/ get rich quick.

$1 million, divided by 500 brides = $2000 divided by just 7 businesses = @ $285.00 a business, i don't think anyone can doubt that that number can be achieved when a reception venue back then cost a minimum of $5k + bar tab.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members