1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

yp delve into ego bait

Discussion in 'SEO & SEM Discussions' started by helloworld, Nov 27, 2014.

1. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

yellowadvertising.com.au/knowledge/articles/How-I-made-my-first-million-in-less-than-a-year.html

2. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I read the very same article on SmartCompany last month (http://www.smartcompany.com.au/lead...-seven-entrepreneurs-share-their-secrets.html)

What annoyed me about the article is the title - "How I made my first million".

The article is all about revenue though, not how much they actually made for themselves.

My business has brought in revenue of more than $1 million, but I am nowhere near saying that I've "made my first million"!

As you said though, it's just click bait...

3. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

Yeah exactly a million dollar turn over isn't a million in the bank.... thought that'd be nice

Thought it was interesting more from a the SEO perspective on what they're doing.

4. James

James Membership: VIP

Its not even a good EGO bait piece to be honest, they didn't link to the users sites or they didn't even include an image. What is with the lotto balls background too they are "self made" right.

5. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

If you are like most people you'll throw the new edition straight into the recycle bin
    ......ah there's a success story, recycling ...... we give them all the stock they need every week

6. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    as james said
    what you want is an article where someones says " i have 1 million bucks IN MY BANK"

in 2004 i calculated one of my websites made much more then 1 million dollars FOR my CLIENTS, but i banked 30K , its all spin and newbies should be careful of getting rapped up in this kind of press/ get rich quick.

$1 million, divided by 500 brides = $2000 divided by just 7 businesses = @ $285.00 a business, i don't think anyone can doubt that that number can be achieved when a reception venue back then cost a minimum of $5k + bar tab.

tim