What's new

Your suggestions?

domaina

Hello everybody!

I am only brand new to this forum, this is actually my very first post.

Firstly, I'd like to say a big hello to you all & hopefully I can become part of your domain family here at DnTrade.

I have a question that I would very much appreciate someone answering for me if possible.

I am looking at purchasing a gaming domain. The domain could be used to monetize through the sale of games.

However, the domain does have an asterisk in it. The term returns 7,000 directs.

What would your suggestion be for me? I am only new to this domain thing.

Your advice would be muchly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
if you are buying for developing ............google doesn't care

if you are buying for resale .............domainers do care

welcome

snoopy

Top Contributor
Is this flash games? If so I would say the search stats are too low to warrant development.

The hyphen is a very big issue, it makes the name confusing and only really suitable if you think all your traffic will be from search engines. I would suggest looking for alternatives.

Shane

Top Contributor
There seems to be a growing number of these questions asking whether or not an unknown domain should be bought, based purely on Google search figures. Not once has a definitive answer been given, and that's because it's impossible to do so!

If you're going to get into domaining, you have to be prepared to register a few duds and cop the loss. If you only plan to purchase domains that are "sure things" then it probably isn't the right game for you.

Last edited:

coreyg

Top Contributor
what extension?
what niche?

Many questions need to be answered to give an opinion.

Cheers
Corey

djuqa

Top Contributor
Third rule of domaining
If you have to ask whether to buy the name, probably you shouldn't.

Hard enough when starting out, without introducing a hyphen wildcard into the mix.

Later with a little experience, knowledge and informed you maybe could re-visit the hyphenated name arena. Than maybe buy them if it is the right name for the right niche.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member