What's new

Your opinions please - worth renewing?

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi all, appreciate your feedback on these ones please - they're all .com.au and coming up for renewal...

Keyword: property management companies
Avg. Monthly Searches (exact match only): 90
Competition: HIGH
Suggested bid: $9.16

Keyword: property management company
Avg. Monthly Searches (exact match only): 50
Competition: MEDIUM
Suggested bid: $7.15

Keyword: property management services
Avg. Monthly Searches (exact match only): 110
Suggested bid: $12.77

Keyword: property management service
Avg. Monthly Searches (exact match only): 10
Suggested bid: $3.35

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks for your input everyone. It helps overcome the 'Mere Ownership Effect' when evaluating my domains...

The mere ownership effect refers to an individual’s tendency to evaluate an object more favorably merely because he or she owns it. The endowment effect is a related phenomenon that concerns the finding that sellers require more money to sell an object than buyers are willing to pay for it.​

findtim

Top Contributor
on a related side note, concerned with developing names, i have just given away names ( they pay cor) because my focus has changed and it will be years before i did anything with them.
i happened to know a dnt member that was deep into the vertical so just PM'd , he took both.
win win as they weren't bad names and not good either but useful for his project.

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
on a related side note, concerned with developing names, i have just given away names ( they pay cor) because my focus has changed and it will be years before i did anything with them.
i happened to know a dnt member that was deep into the vertical so just PM'd , he took both.
win win as they weren't bad names and not good either but useful for his project.

tim
Good on you, it's nice to help a fellow DNT member out from time to time :D

A little while ago I endeavoured to do the same. I noticed a fellow domainer bought the singular version of one of my domains on the drops. I was going to drop the plural version, so I sent them an email offering to give it to them, as long as they covered the CoR, which as you would know is roughly reg fee (and I get a wholesale rate).

I think I had paid around $150 - $200 for the domain on the drops. The plural version had a lot more search volume, as it's more commonly used than the singular term they bought.

I didn't even get a reply! o_O

Shane

Top Contributor
We're getting off topic, but it's a great idea giving away domains that you no longer want.

I drop at least one domain per month. Most are crap, hence the reason for dropping, but one man's trash...

Maybe we should start a topic where people can post the domains they're dropping, and others can pick them up for COR fee.

Ash

Top Contributor
Does anyone want these then? PropertyManagementServices expired a couple of days ago but the others still have a few days on them.

findtim

Top Contributor
we've had that conversation many times before, it just depends on what you plan to do with it.
dubbodentist or dubbodentists dentists would fail as there isn't enough to warrant a listing website whilst singular would be good ownership for that ONE dentist who grabs it.
so if buying to sell you have to ask yourself whats my potential buyer number

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
we've had that conversation many times before, it just depends on what you plan to do with it.
dubbodentist or dubbodentists dentists would fail as there isn't enough to warrant a listing website whilst singular would be good ownership for that ONE dentist who grabs it.
so if buying to sell you have to ask yourself whats my potential buyer number

tim

Agree if you are down to one or less that is pretty bad place to be. A lot of EMD's don't really have much of market anymore even if there is lots of potential buyers. The dubbodenist style name is an opportunity for an enduser if the name is available rather than having potential for a domainer to resell.

Ash

Top Contributor
This will be a good test. If no one claims them, you know you've done the right thing letting them drop! :)
You're right :) No takers yet, and they're dropping like flies. (Only one that's left is Property Management Companies.)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member