What's new

your health

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, as many of you may know i got pretty sick late 2015 through 2016, finally getting over it all in july 2016.
without doubt the worst time of my life.
although i've been reasonably healthy i had to work harder and this guy was great, an aussie "with a passion not a quick fix diet" as i wasn't over weight.
rebootwithjoe.com , he's "a juicer" but realises the benefits of blenders as well. he has heaps of free recipes online using juicers/blenders/magic bullets etc and i do something daily, you really FEEL a kick when you do.
So a lot of us are at the age when things are slipping so i thought i'd post, no affiliate link just info to a great resource.
he has a movie thats inspiring on stan or netflix? "fat,sick and nearly dead " well worth a watch, he also has one for kids education and my kids LOVEEEEEEEEEE the juices i make, they don't ask me for coke, they ask me for a new juice.

just look at all the truly successful people in the world and you'll find they all eat, drink smart and exercise daily.

i've pushed this before and if just 1 person gets a benefit then its worthwhile, sometimes you just need an answer that SUITS YOU.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
hi, as many of you may know i got pretty sick late 2015 through 2016, finally getting over it all in july 2016.
without doubt the worst time of my life.
although i've been reasonably healthy i had to work harder and this guy was great, an aussie "with a passion not a quick fix diet" as i wasn't over weight.
rebootwithjoe.com , he's "a juicer" but realises the benefits of blenders as well. he has heaps of free recipes online using juicers/blenders/magic bullets etc and i do something daily, you really FEEL a kick when you do.
So a lot of us are at the age when things are slipping so i thought i'd post, no affiliate link just info to a great resource.

Cheers Tim, it is easy to let things slip, will check it out.

just look at all the truly successful people in the world and you'll find they all eat, drink smart and exercise daily.

What about this dude?

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/51007983a0f1c1cbfa908ac9cf35a536

findtim

Top Contributor
LOL, didn't he forget where he put 15MIL yesterday? sounds like an alan bond remake !!!
i wouldn't call him successful, richard branson i would, success to me also = integrity
tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Along with family/friends/loved ones, health is the most precious thing we have. You often don't realise how much so, until your health suffers badly.

Thanks Tim, a good reminder for us all. Good to hear that you're feeling healthy again.

snoopy

Top Contributor
LOL, didn't he forget where he put 15MIL yesterday? sounds like an alan bond remake !!!
i wouldn't call him successful, richard branson i would, success to me also = integrity
tim

You heard about his tax fraud? (which has now morphed into avoidance) Image isn't everything.

findtim

Top Contributor
i actually don't watch the news, its only what i pick up when cooking dinner !
so many great things happen everyday but the news is all about bad stuff.
tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
I didn't know you were ill, I was also ill during that time. Got ill again at the start of this year. I am much better now. The one thing I have realised is gut health is possibly the most important thing in the world. Juicing I think would be good if you aren't getting your intake. Personally I eat a lot of greens now. Have cut red meat mostly out of my diet, I eat chicken or fish where possible. But also take pro-biotics (sp?) everyday and this other stuff called iberogast which is herbal extract from a bunch of flowers. I feel 25 again.

findtim

Top Contributor
LOL, but you are only 24 ! good to hear you got over stage 2 quickly.

you gotta watch his movie, he lived on JUST green juice for 60 days !
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/mean-green-juice/

you should see the transformation
the one thing i REALLY like about him is he says " if i want to go out and have a steak or pasta or whatever.........i WILL"
mostly because 95% of the time he is eating great.
i went full hog on his theories when i was sick to GAIN weight, and then to stablise, i weight ALWAYS since 1992 74kgs ALWAYS no matter what i do. but sick i was going from 66-86kg and back again in periods of 2 weeks which was mental. now everyday i either weigh 73,74,75 every morning
beer-can chicken is a wekly event here but now i use an empty tin of diced toms.
you don't need the stand, i put an alfoil tray under it, i also make alfoil booties for the chicken and a strip of alfoil across the top as most heat comes from top of hooded bbq, i take it off half way. it drops all the oil but stays moist, fill the tin with herbs garlic and water ( beer does nothing)
start at @ 220 for 30mins, bring back to @ 180 and then time it with everything else eg baked vegs or salad.

fish: hunt down some blue grenadier SKIN OFF from coles @ $13 kg, buy it FROZEN, its snap frozen out of NZ, we thor it when we want it and cut it into bit size, we coat it with flour egg and crumbs ( 50% leftover frozen bread & 50% coles cornflakes )[put through a blender] creates a crispy crunchy texture.
we shallow fry it in ricebran oil, never use olive oil to heat even if jamie say you can ! it turns carcinogenic
we cook heaps and freeze it for toasties at lunch, you can refreeze cooked items you just can't refreeze thored and not cooked items.

maybe i should build a recipe site ?
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
did some work this week for these guys , http://mensline.org.au/ i didn't know they existed !
a really good service and a great bunch of people, they are starting to get some press although "beyondblue" seems to have the brand awareness for this vertical. NFP and free service

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo