What's new

Young Web Designer

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Hi All,

So I got contacted by neddy suggesting me to join this forum. I am a young web designer, in Sydney. Now I will say straight up I am not a massive, professional company, just someone trying to get a bit of a head-start in the industry.

My site is www.scottnugent.net, so have a look if you're interested. I'm sure other web designers are much better here, but if you're looking for someone affordable and friendly, you know where to look. :p

About myself a bit; I am 16, go to a selective high school (completing year 11, with accelerated HSC Software Design), also work for a database application company as a programmer, and love theatrical audio/lighting. I'm just an all-round nerd really.

This site looks quite helpful and friendly, so I look forward to hanging round a bit. Also, if this post is breaking rules somehow I am sorry moderators! :)

I think that's all for now...

Cheers,
Scott

Luke

Top Contributor
Hi Scott, welcome to DNT. Good to see another web designer on the forums, I myself am a full time web designer for a company on the coast. Before that I worked at Coles for about 4 years and I'm telling you, it feels good to finally start a 'career' where everyday you learn and grow. You will get there mate!

My advice; go after your passion. Don't worry so much about money; i tried that (studied networking) and ended up back in web design. Go with what you love and find a way to make as much money out of it as you can.

Nova

Top Contributor
G'day Scott - hope you find the forums to be of use.

Do you own any domains? What interests you about domaining?

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Thanks guys. :)

G'day Scott - hope you find the forums to be of use.

Do you own any domains? What interests you about domaining?

Umm, well of course I own some domains, but I'm not really into the whole domaining thing. More of just a design guy. :) That may seem silly for this forum, but it looks interesting so hopefully that is OK.

Nova

Top Contributor
Thanks guys. :)

Umm, well of course I own some domains, but I'm not really into the whole domaining thing. More of just a design guy. :) That may seem silly for this forum, but it looks interesting so hopefully that is OK.

Yeah, I meant domains for domaining, obviously not your personal/business domain :)

It's not silly to be on here if you're offering a service that goes with domaining :cool:

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Thanks Timmy. :)

You know if you guys would like to give some feedback on some of my sites, it would be AWESOME!

www.scottnugent.net, www.bacpactechnologies.com, www.outbacktracks.com.au, www.chstech.net, www.streetstripsaltspeed.com are a few. :)

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi All,

About myself a bit; I am 16, go to a selective high school (completing year 11, with accelerated HSC Software Design), also work for a database application company as a programmer, and love theatrical audio/lighting. I'm just an all-round nerd really.

This site looks quite helpful and friendly, so I look forward to hanging round a bit. Also, if this post is breaking rules somehow I am sorry moderators! :)

Welcome Scott! Wow, I didn't realise you were only 16. This is an "R" rated forum - you need to be at least 18 to post. Ha ha - just kidding! :D

I saw all your posts on VentraIP and I just thought you were someone who would be great to have on DN Trade.

And there are some very "switched on" and successful members here - so I'm sure you will get to learn a lot as well.

Enjoy.

neddy

Top Contributor
Awesome neddy!

Do you mind if I ask what prompted you to think I would be good? :p

Cheeky whippersnapper!

I saw you had made 597 posts on VentraIP since July 2010, and I thought this guy is a "contributor".
(I certainly didn't realise you were 16 - not that there is anything wrong with that at all!).

And what made it for me was this particular post of yours in response to another member:

Welcome mate.

I have tried growing chillies actually, but the possums ate them! I spent a month looking for possums with flames coming out of their ass's.

:D:D

James

Top Contributor
Saw your sites I take it you go to Caringbah High School, my little sister went their a few years ago...

Welcome to the forum...

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Welcome Scott, good to see you are so driven and confident at such a pivotal age. We're not all domainers here.. good mix of web design, developers and marketers too.. not to mention the DIYers and those looking to develop their portfolios

paz

Ahhh another product of the selective high school system - we're not as smart as everyone thinks ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo