What's new

young kids and internet

findtim

Top Contributor
how many times have you heard it? kids accesing bad sites, how many years has it been since every one warned us ?
so this is just a reminder, our kids have their own computer and ipad and we are CONSTANTLY monitoring what they are viewing but sometimes you just get busy ! , i went to put out the rubbish bin this arvo and glanced at "almost 7" max and said "what's that you are watching" ( as he was supposed to be doing school work on the computer [ our school has programs to access from home ]
welllllllll, he's watching an animated version of wolverine hacking some guy apart with his knives, LOL because its also on ABC i think, but still i don't want him focusing on that sh1t

anyway, heads up those with young kids and high technology access.

you can't stop it, just need to control it, the problem we find is.......... and i'll go out on a racist limb here........... but they go to school and the kids from bogan families give them all the clues, ( sorry if you are a bogan LOL ) but they bring it home and we have to deal with it, we don't do "F" "C" "D" etc here but they bring it home.

anyway, keep the computers close and check what they are watching as i'm finding the "g rated " apps FLICK them to non G rated websites which i think is pretty bad because the kid just clicks the link, they don't know better.

( BAD JOKE ) i also typed this in boganese so some people could understand, but then remembered that they probably wouldn't be reading it as they would have only an XP computer or a stolen computer which they don't have the password for ( / BAD JOKE )
tim

johno69

Top Contributor
On iPad/iPhone/iPod: Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Websites -> Limit Adult Content
You can also limit things like in-app purchases.

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks, i also noticed you can age group movies, tv, music etc , so i reset all those as well.
can anyone recommend one of those " web nannies" ?
their computer is in our office and not their bedroom for this exact reason, but still its hard to watch their screen so i'm going to setup a dual screen pointing our direction, "big brother" i know but they are young

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
I'm looking at OpenDNS and blocking at the router. I had an issue where we took away the laptop but the Playstation was still able to be used to view websites.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member