What's new

XYZ Domains

helloworld

Top Contributor
Well I just bought my first xyz domain.It's owners.xyz and while I do have a use for it, will definitely be interesting to see how it develops. I still haven't heard any client or general public talk about the extension at all.

Thought this was an interesting article I found post buying the domain.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Its turd I'm afraid, the extension has 3 reported aftermarket sales in its entire existence,

tip.xyz 140 USD 2015-01-05 Flippa
click.xyz 215 USD 2014-09-04 NameJet
deals.XYZ 8,113 USD 2014-05-30 NameJet

If you compare the most recent sale tip.xyz to owners.xyz we are talking a 100-1000x value difference.
How long did it take for .com to sell simarly? can the same comparison be made? I enquired on a .com back in 96 or so and they wanted $20k

They're still holding that domain. As for xyz it's no loss. It was $5 i can wear that :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
How long did it take for .com to sell simarly? can the same comparison be made? I enquired on a .com back in 96 or so and they wanted $20k

They're still holding that domain. As for xyz it's no loss. It was $5 i can wear that :)

15 years? And things grew during that time at a phenomenal rate. They didn't start declining after the first 12 months like new tlds are.

The problem with the $5 is you probably own more than 1 domain. If you actually only own 1 domain name let me know and I'll agree with you it isn't much of a loss, if you decide to drop it after the first year.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member