What's new

xxx.com.au

Hello,

In respect to the domain xxx.com.au, what would be a reasonable amount that it could sell for? xxx.com of course sold for a very significant amount of money and I have read of rules such as '.com.au are worth 10% of what the .com sells for' but I'm inclined to not really put a blanket rule on such things.

I can really think of few things that this domain could be used for other than adult purposes.

With the advent of GTLD (.xxx) I'm thinking that the overall value must have deteriorated somewhat?

Thank you for any assistance.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I'd say the biggest issue would be the prohibitions on hosting adult content in Australia. Very little history of adult domains selling for much in .com.au. Gut feeling is high 4 figures, maybe it has got potential around $1X,XXX but not really sure on it.. For the person who buys it I'd say it is very unclear who the potential endusers would be.

neddy

Top Contributor
I'm not sure if this domain is yours - or if you're just making a general enquiry?

Either way, couple of constructive things to mention. Firstly, just having a look at the WhoIs, details are wrong. Business Name has long been cancelled. (It's also got ABN before the identifier - that's incorrect).

Secondly, site doesn't resolve.

If someone complained to auDA, those issues will create difficulties for registrant (under current policy).

I'd say the biggest issue would be the prohibitions on hosting adult content in Australia. Very little history of adult domains selling for much in .com.au. Gut feeling is high 4 figures, maybe it has got potential around $1X,XXX but not really sure on it.. For the person who buys it I'd say it is very unclear who the potential endusers would be.

Thanks for your reply, your valuation is around what I had in mind also. I'm thinking that anything $20,000+ would be unrealistic but again am new to this so it's an amateur opinion.

It's not my domain, for various reasons though I thought it would be interesting to see how much a domain like this could sell for.

Are you saying repeating LLL or adult terms ?
Both, predominantly though I thought it'd be a good adult domain. As an example I can imagine it advertised on a billboard, it isn't completely 'adult' so I can't imagine it would be disallowed in public hence the appeal.

The problem of course as snoopy pointed out is who the enduser will be? If one was to write a list of all the adult industries, I can only think of businesses that sell toys etc that would have an interest and willingness to pay a higher amount for it if their business is online, the rest are bricks and mortar and wouldn't be able to justify a high 4 figure amount for a domain.

I know someone that's scouting for these types of domains and helping him out as he may be interested in the above is all.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Unless local dating I would suggest a .com for "adult site" In a world of video, just put channel after the keyword

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo