1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

WP Thesis VS HTML CSS

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by enjoi, Feb 24, 2011.

1. enjoi

enjoi Membership: Trader

Might be a stupid question but;

What ranks better ?

Wordpress thesis or a normal html/css site

2. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

What ever the difference is, it isn't big enough to have a large effect on rankings; positive or negative. All things being equal, I don't see how one would have the edge over the other.

Wordpress and Thesis work well together to optimise on page factors and manage a content. You could code it all yourself but why bother when with the former you can be up and running within the hour.

3. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

I have found that custom CSS/HTML sites tend to do a little bit better, but assumes you know your SEO pretty well.

That said, I still work with wordpress the majority of the time because it is reasonably well optimised straight out of the box and is just so much more efficient for setting up sites not to mention makes managing the sites easier for non tech heads.

My vote is for wordpress.

4. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

WP all the way.
    Some of the sites in my Signature are WP with Thesis.

5. enjoi

enjoi Membership: Trader

Yeah, thanks for your replies ...
    WP FTW