What's new

Wow! Google deindex Mike Mann's site

Honan

Top Contributor
Will there be repercussions to google deciding to deindex a site like Mike Mann's makemillions.com?

Will some decide that if an arbitrary decision by google can remove a domain / site like that from search, then maybe it is time to fight back and encourage customers to avoid search altogether, by encouraging type in directly of new TLDs
For example, now when I want to buy size 10 shoes , I type that into the search.
In the future, it might be easier to type size10.shoes directly into the URL bar, avoiding google altogether.
Ironic that Mike owns SEO.com

Does Google have too much power now over developers?

aus11

Top Contributor
MakeMillions.com redirects to MakeMillionsMakeChange.com and is indexed fine. Am I missing something?

Honan

Top Contributor
MakeMillions.com redirects to MakeMillionsMakeChange.com and is indexed fine. Am I missing something?
Hi Tom
There is a difference between a domain resolving to a web site and a domain showing in the results of a search in Google. Although powerful, google do not yet control the DNS.
To see if a domain is indexed by Google, type Site:DomainName into a search.
Submission to Google Webmaster Tools is usually enough to get a site indexed.

Mike Mann now seems to be promoting Scroogle.com
And yes , I a am a fanboy of Mr.Mann

aus11

Top Contributor
Hi Tom
There is a difference between a domain resolving to a web site and a domain showing in the results of a search in Google. Although powerful, google do not yet control the DNS.

I understand that, I didn't have the article to reference the issue before I commented (so was commenting blind on the issue).

The interesting thing is the site he now has forwarded the original site to is also PR5 and is ranking #3 for 'Make Millions'.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member