What's new

world cup brasil

findtim

Top Contributor
well the only time I watch soccer is during the world cup, and I must say although we lost we certainly scared the pants off the chile team, the score didn't match the result.

but hell the ball control of chile was incredible so 3-1 was a gift. I'm sure our team are sleeping better then spain right now:D

I think a great start and confidence builder for the team. that referee SUCKED, cahill was constantly cheated on, they shouldn't have taken Bresciano off as if you had Leckie/Bres and Cahill all in the last minutes it could have at least been a draw.

and all this from someone that doesn't watch soccer :D

tim, can't wait for Thursday.

James

Top Contributor
The start did hurt the Australian team, I think overall we played quite well and deserved a draw.

I have watched a few games such as -

* Brazil vs. Croatia - Good game yet I felt Brazil could do better, Neymar was great.
* Holland vs. Spain - Second half was great the dutch were playing fantastic (best team so far)
* Australian game - Felt we did well

* England vs. Italy at 8am tomorrow should be good.

James

Top Contributor
Watched all 4 games today =)

All games have been great, yet I think the Holland game has been the highlight. England Vs. Italy today was also good, yet Rooney needs to pick up his game that is for sure.

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
Not sure that Rooney will hold his place for all 3 games, unless he turns it around against Uruguay. England need a win, Australia unfortunately need a lot more than that, and if Netherlands (Holland) turn it on on Thursday, it will be too tough to expect anything against Spain. Argentina looked ordinary this morning and France benefitted from the extra man. I still think it's Brazil's tournament to win

findtim

Top Contributor
if you are hosting AND your country is called Brasil then you really do want to win, or else you will go missing shortly afterwards ;)

if australia hosted at least we expect they will get knocked out.

AUS v NED, i feel for them already, could it get worse then 5-1 ?

tim

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
if you are hosting AND your country is called Brasil then you really do want to win, or else you will go missing shortly afterwards ;)

if australia hosted at least we expect they will get knocked out.

AUS v NED, i feel for them already, could it get worse then 5-1 ?

tim
The Spanish keeper was woeful, and will probably be replaced for at least the next game. I don't think it will be as bad - but suspect that it could be a similar scoreline to the Chile game - if The Socceroos have another goal in them

James

Top Contributor
Not sure that Rooney will hold his place for all 3 games, unless he turns it around against Uruguay. England need a win, Australia unfortunately need a lot more than that, and if Netherlands (Holland) turn it on on Thursday, it will be too tough to expect anything against Spain. Argentina looked ordinary this morning and France benefitted from the extra man. I still think it's Brazil's tournament to win

I think Brazil will do well, yet I also think that Holland should make the SEMI's.

Rooney made some big stuff ups and did not seem like he had the "energy" to be a world class player, other stuff ups like kicking a corner kick way out that is like doing a throw in wrong, at this level it should not happen.

Sterling played really well, you should see his skill and speed he did set many plays up for England, if they didnt have Joe Heart it could have been worse lol.

I agree Argentina played quite average in the first half today, I was not impressed at all. Messi did switch it on during the second half for a few minutes yet Bosnia who is playing in their first world cup looked at part with the Argentinians who you would expect more from.

I did not watch the France game, I think the replays are on now but. unlcuky for me I am in the office =(

aus11

Top Contributor
I did not watch the France game, I think the replays are on now but. unlcuky for me I am in the office =(

The France game was good. Had an issue with the goal line technology that confused a few people, but France look like a team that could make the semis (at least quarters).

England (although the lost), look like they finally have a team that is exciting to watch. Sterling is only going to get better.

I feel bad for Casillas (Spanish keeper)... easily one of the best keepers in the world, and most consistent - he had an incredible season in the Champions League and Cup. Hopefully he gets another chance against Chile, but Spain have some incredible keepers waiting for their chance.

James

Top Contributor
I feel bad for Casillas (Spanish keeper)... easily one of the best keepers in the world, and most consistent - he had an incredible season in the Champions League and Cup. Hopefully he gets another chance against Chile, but Spain have some incredible keepers waiting for their chance.

I think they will use a different keeper against Chile because it is a big game if they loose, they are 90% out at the group stage.

Reina Or De Gea both EPL keepers will probably step up to the plate, but yes it is a very hard task. Do they stick with Casillas or move.

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
I think they will use a different keeper against Chile because it is a big game if they loose, they are 90% out at the group stage.

Reina Or De Gea both EPL keepers will probably step up to the plate, but yes it is a very hard task. Do they stick with Casillas or move.
Not sure how much game time Reina has had with Napoli on loan - maybe lots. De Gea was probably one of United's best players in an ordinary season for the club, and would be my pick for the Chile game

James

Top Contributor
Not sure how much game time Reina has had with Napoli on loan - maybe lots. De Gea was probably one of United's best players in an ordinary season for the club, and would be my pick for the Chile game

Yeah they have EPL background, I think it will be an interesting game regardless. I too feel De Gea will get the nod.

James

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
So, Australia are out after a brave fight against The Netherlands and Spain are out. Will the Aussies pull it all together and topple the world champs, or will Spain come out fighting like Toreadors?
I am assuming that those still with interest in the World Cup will get behind mighty England - as they still rule this Colony, right???

findtim

Top Contributor
i held out to watch the replay at 2pm today, not answering phone calls, not viewing emails, not coming onto dnt !!! but ohhhhhh what a match, AUS played fantastic, i think they scared the pants of the NED in the first half and most of the 2nd.

but one thing pissed me off, if you have it recorded please look and tell me i am wrong but did the aussie goalie DUCK when NED scored the 3rd goal?

isn't the role of a goalie to put his whole body in front of the ball?

you watch it, i am SURE he ducked

tim

James

Top Contributor
I was up at 2am for the game, Australia played very well. We deserved a DRAW in my eyes. It was good to show the world we can match the best on the football stage.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo